Institutional Account Manager, LSD - Southern US
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Institutional Account Manager is responsible for maximizing sales within key accounts and institutions throughout multi-state geography, representing BioMarin commercialized products in their area.
They demonstrate a consultative selling approach and ability to demonstrate credibility and develop trust with multiple layers of decision makers within the institution, and the ability to customize and deliver clinical content in a straightforward and actionable way. Accountability throughout all stages of patient continuum, from prescriber and institution product adoption through long term patient adherence.
Core Competencies required:
- Consistently achieving results even under difficult circumstances
- Accountable to his/her performance results
- Self-driven and goal oriented, knowing how to set aggressive but achievable targets.
- Must be able to establish strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Building partnerships with internal and external customers to meet common goals is essential.
- Demonstrate the ability to gain the cooperation of others utilizing excellent communication skills
- Best practice sharing, and internally informing on market insights essential
Organizational savvy/building networks
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and customer management skills are required
- Knowledgeable about hospital systems and understands how to get things done through formal channels and informal networks within the institutions.
- Must be able to manage ambiguity with limited information
- Individual must effectively cope with change
- Ability to focus on highly-detailed coordination of care with excellent follow-up
- Ability to maintain an astute education on disease, promote awareness, foster advocacy, and ensure compliance for patients on therapy.
- Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Must adhere to BioMarin standards for ethics, and compliance SOP’s
- Achieve area sales, penetration, market share, and profit targets on a quarterly & annual basis
- Key focus will be on identification and referral of previously undiagnosed and untreated patients, as well as strengthening referral pathways within institutions to lead to therapy initiation.
- Accelerates product adoption and utilization by outlining strategic drivers and tactics, while applying resources to appropriately launch and promote assigned product(s).
- Develops and leverages strong professional relationships with all key customers resulting in successful negotiation for product acceptance and implementation with key influencers at multiple levels of an institution, including but not limited to: pharmacists, pharmacy and therapeutics committee (P&T), Hospital Business Management Team, Procurement, Billing & Charging, Staff Management, Ambulatory Specialty Clinics, Service Line Management, C-Suite Decision makers.
- Demonstrated expertise mastering scientific, medical and technical product features and successfully translating knowledge into sales: customizing and delivering clinical content in a straightforward and actionable way. Ability to sell clinical benefits to both the prescribing physician and to non-physicians who are strictly concerned about the economic impact to the health system.
- Experienced in managed care, sales and client relationship development for health care professionals and within large teaching hospitals, and other institutional settings.
- Collaboratively develops and executes on individual and national business plan to guide strategy, product acceptance, portfolio growth, disease awareness, patient compliance, and track progress throughout the year.
- Provide leadership through example to fellow Account Managers.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with all key clinician customers including, but not limited to: Pediatric Neurologists/Epileptologists, Pediatric Neurosurgeons, Pediatric Orthopedists, Geneticists, Advanced Practiced Nurses, Genetic Counselors, and ancillary staff.
- Financially manage assigned territory.
- Actively participate in business planning meetings, disease awareness efforts, and professional society meetings as assigned.
- Provide insight to internal business partners as to the clinical practices of assigned accounts.
- Demonstrates leadership within internal teams, with ability to influence without authority.
- Act in compliance and adhere to all company policies.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Advanced educational degree or experience in the Healthcare field desired.
- 7-10 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries.
- 3-5 years of experience in biotech/specialty sales involving high cost products.
- Documented progressive sales experience within hospitals and academic institutions.
- Experience in new product launches.
- Experience selling orphan drug products in rare disease markets.
- Experience selling medical devices, medical supplies, capital equipment and other health care related products.
- Drug-Device combination sales experience.
- Infusion product experience.
- Experience in “startup” environments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.