This job is currently Archived,
Innovation Project Leader - Health and Nutrition Ghent Belgium,
Posted on : 27 May 2017
- Our company is a spin off company specialized in the development of biotechnological production processes for specialty carbohydrates.
- Our company is a B2B company for ingredients that find application in human and animal nutrition, personal care and health care.
- Our company is a leading company in the development of Human Milk Oligosaccharides, which are of paramount importance for the health of babies.
- Our company is a high-growth company, with a staff of about 40 people and is set to continue its expansion.
- To strengthen our new market development team, we are looking for a Project Leader Health and Nutrition to develop and manage our development projects.
- You will be in charge of managing and executing a project portfolio using both internal resources as well as external collaborations aimed to drive strategic innovations in the Health and Nutrition space.
- The position reports directly to the head of business development and CSO.
- Advanced degree (preferably PhD) in nutritional sciences, food science, biotechnology, or bio-process engineering.
- Background in human or animal nutrition, immunology and gut health are an asset.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Applied science oriented.
- Ambitious, yet team oriented and able to lead and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Experience with grant and subsidy programs is an asset.
- Plan and manage our development projects, recruiting internal resources as well as securing and managing third party expertise and collaborations.
- Identify partners and set up collaborations in different fields.
- Develop project plans and timelines based on intended commercial outcomes and targeted product profile.
- Participate in idea generation, maturation and prioritization of new strategic and commercial projects.
- Track scientific developments in Health and Nutrition areas including pre-clinical and clinical research results.
Personal skills and requirements
- Strong will to join a dynamic small company, a sense of responsibility, ownership and execution as well as a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and timelines, while maintaining the team focus.
- Must have a "can-do" attitudes and a strong desire to take ownership of many different projects, driven by curiosity and eager to find solutions.
- Result- and quality oriented. Willing to make trade-offs and compromise to ensure progress.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and interpersonal skills: ability to determine appropriate actions in response to problems of varying complexity.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability and willingness to occasionally travel both domestically and internationally.
- Fluency in English is a must. Other language skills are an asset.
We offer an interesting job with a lot of variety and responsibilities in a dynamic young team of collaborators in a field with a lot of future.
Zwijnaarde 9052 Ghent Belgium
Find a Job Find Candidates