Innovation Manager in the field of Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering - Belgium
We are looking for an industrial research manager to coordinate and increase the valorization of the basic and strategic research activities in the field of regenerative medicine. You will be the principal contact person for industrial partners, and will coordinate the contacts and collaboration between industry and the applying research groups. You will be responsible for:
- The valorization of the research output (patents, spin-offs, …) and the coordination of several running integrated projects on cartilage and bone engineering;
- The initiation and preparation of research proposals with a clear valorization plan, by integrating the scientific goals with possible applications, e.g. EIT Health proposals, bilateral projects with IMEC, projects within the REGMEDXB platform, INTERREG and H2020 project management;
- Initiating and negotiating bilateral research projects;
- Supporting the individual researchers and interdisciplinary teams towards valorization trajectories;
- Networking, management and further expansion of the industrial interactions/partnerships;
- Promoting the research and valorization program at conferences, networking meetings, on-site company visits and the management of the Prometheus website
The Innovation Manager will work directly with the Prometheus steering committee, and will communicate and justify activities to the Prometheus board of directors and Prometheus management committee.
- You have a PhD degree or minimum 5 years research experience in bioscience engineering and/or biomaterials and tissue engineering and a good knowledge of both biological and engineering aspects;
- You have several years of experience in business development, and in developing valorization strategies;
- You have knowledge and experience in the management of a broad research portfolio and good organizational kills (managing meetings, follow-up of contacts, in time reporting);
- You have experience in working within large academic and industrial consortia in both healthcare and life science sectors;
- You have a proven research and grant writing track record;
- You are pro-active and passionate, with an entrepreneurial mindset;
- You have knowledge of intellectual property and regulatory aspects;
- You have good communication, networking and negotiation skills;
- You are fluent in English (both spoken and written). Fluency in Dutch or willingness to learn Dutch is an asset.
An exciting and challenging job, focused on continuous innovation and development in a multidisciplinary and international context. We offer a permanent position as Industrial Research Manager of the Industrial Research Fund (IOF) at KU Leuven.