Innovation Group Manager - South Africa
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We are looking for a technically inclined manager to lead our team of experts supporting mainly the bakery, beverages and dairy industries.
- You will be responsible for all the technical customer support in Southern Africa, and for supporting our long-term product development pipeline for solutions to bakery, beverage and dairy products.
- You will be leading a team of 12 experienced, technically oriented and skilled colleagues.
- You will also be part of the management team of the European Innovation organization.
- Along with your role as Group Manager, you will also be working as an Application Specialist.
- These responsibilities include the execution of customer-related tasks in close collaboration with colleagues inside and outside the group, designing, executing and following up on trials, and managing projects in close dialogue with our Product Management.
- Furthermore, you will develop new application solutions for the industry and assist in training of customers and colleagues in sales, application and the divisions.
- Ensure a well-motivated and smooth-operating group
- Make complex goals clear and tangible for the group members
- Contribute to the overall strategy plan and ensure implementation and achievement of the targets defined
- Develop solutions and meet customers in a professional and service-oriented manner
- You are a skilled manager who enjoys working and navigating in a complex organization, and you have the skills and capabilities to build a network across organizational and geographical borders.
- We hope to meet a person who is a good listener, yet decisive.
- A strong communicator, who is capable of motivating and leading others to deliver their best in a respectful and accommodating way.
- You have a master’s degree as a Food Engineer or Scientist and have good insight (preferably 5 years’ experience or more) in the bakery or dairy industry, preferably combined with a couple of years of managerial experience and proven skills as a people manager.
- Good English skills are required
What we offer:
- We are dedicated to maximizing our most valuable asset—our people.
- We do so by embracing diversity and offering opportunities for continuous development, whilst maintaining a good work/life balance.
- Our compensation package includes a competitive base salary, variable performance pay and a comprehensive benefits offering.
- A career at our company offers you an opportunity to become the catalyst for change, personally and professionally.
- This, together with a respectful workplace that rewards achievement, makes our company one of the best career choices today.