Innovation & Cluster Manager / Business Developer Offshore Energy PhD student - Belgium
- In the first half of 2016, 114 new wind turbines were installed offshore (total power 511 MW).
- Offshore energy (in particular wind, wave and tidal energy) is therefore a growth market with a considerable export potential for Flemish companies (potential growth with 1200 FTE / 600 mio euro yearly turnover by 2020). It is however also a challenging market, with particular characteristics.
- The offshore wind energy market is experiencing a consolidation wave, and is in demand of further reduction of the cost-of-energy; commercial tidal projects could be financed faster by means of better international standards and certification; for tidal energy a further standardization in the value chain is required.
- The Flemish and West-European companies in this sector indicate that a structured cluster operation aimed on collaboration in the field of innovation is indispensable.
- This has to be done mutually and together with foreign stakeholders, to utilize the economic potential of offshore energy to the utmost.
- The required collaborative innovation actions (elaborating integrated solutions, demonstration and pre-competitive research) in The Netherlands, France and the UK do not create themselves.
- By means of a cluster operation, resources (fi.for integrated information acquisition, exploring possible actions, internal representation in relevant for a) can be shared.
- Setting up R&D&Innovation actions from idea to start up: concept development, (small) business case validation, project proposal writing/coordination.
- Follow up the latest developments in technology, market, funding possibilities for innovation in offshore energy
- Managing opportunities related to innovation in the domain of offshore energy, and elaborating beneficial contacts with companies and other stakeholders of this sector.
- The offshore energy sector is a very fascinating, innovative and dynamic context wherein you will observe the newest developments from the front row and initiate them.
- You get the opportunity to interact with important parties within the sector, and to elaborate a solid network.
- You are actively involved in the setup of prestigious partnerships in Belgium and Europe.
- Flexible working hours and space for personal development.
- A full time contract for a fixed term of 3 years.
Profile of the candidate
- You preferably have a master in engineering. Business/economic engineers can apply as well.
- You have a strong interest in innovation and the development of new products/services and in the market of renewable energy, particularly in marine energy.
- Your strong social and communicative skills (in English and preferably also in Dutch) allow you to elaborate beneficial contacts with various partners and stakeholders and an extended network
- You are focused on solutions and results
- Your multidisciplinary and generic technical background allows you to successfully set up actions by connecting question for knowledge and its answer.
- You are highly motivated, dedicated and have strong organizational and time management qualities.
- You are a team player that enjoys collaborating with various partners
- You are willing to occasionally make short trips abroad