Infrastructure Strategist Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This infrastructure Strategist role will have hands on technical responsibilities to deliver POC solutions with the intention to level up infrastructure engineering resources. The successful candidate shall be a forward thinking, motivated self-starter able to digest and create technical and process documentation as needed for a well running infrastructure deployment. As a leading technologist, others will be inspired by your work and capability to improve infrastructure, while reducing costs.
Domain scope includes Servers, Storage, Networking, Database and Datacenter facilities.
- BS/MS Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Information Systems
Experience and Skills:
- You are a technical lead that inspires confidence in others. You build reliable systems and inspire others to join your journey to build, deploy and maintain reliable systems that are friendly to on call engineers.
- A future that combines servers, storage and networking inspires you to prove and deploy new technology.
- Execute technical POCs, document findings and build a business case to proceed.
- Document systems for production, with common knowledge articles and a reference architecture diagram.
- You believe that reliable infrastructure can be dynamic outside of weekend change windows, yet still be compliant in a regulated environment and that IOC is a feasible reality.
- Ability to create a strategic technology roadmap for internal and cloud infrastructure.
- Experience developing marketing material for roadmaps, business cases, initiatives, much like a consultant.
- You understand the concepts driven by DevOps, SRE, and Production engineers. You can translate how this may apply to enterprise environments with a high percentage of COTS applications, and where it doesn’t.
- Technical and organizational transformation is something you find essential to success.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant IT datacenter infrastructure experience, with hands on responsibility of an infrastructure, database or software technology. You supported this technology as part of an on-call rotation.
- Domain knowledge of datacenter infrastructure systems, servers, storage, database, warehouse or cloud IaaS
- You have a point of view on how Strategy & Engineering function, collaborate and partner to deliver services
- Good listening and communication skills, and an ability to explain technical roadmaps in clear business language.
- You’re comfortable delivering presentations to management in person and on camera via WebEx.
- Scripting skills in at least one language, bash, Perl, PowerShell, Python, etc.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Technical understanding of Virtualized environments, distributed storage, traditional storage, NFS and block storage systems, open and proprietary.
- Understanding of databases, data warehousing, ETL, Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hadoop,
- Compose and contribute to business case documentation, ROI models for infrastructure services
- Understanding of datacenter faciltiy requriements, DCIM, inventory control, CMDB, BTU & power calculations
- Experience with data archive technologies for structured and unstructured formats
- Experience deploying or managing intenral and external cloud infrastrucutre automation, AWS, Azure
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Service Delivery/Management
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Service Delivery/Management
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Branchburg
Other Locations: NA-US-NC-Charlotte, NA-US-CA-Palo Alto
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Strategist, Engineer, Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Warehouse, Strategy, Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology