- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- The Infrastructure Engineer will play a key role in providing platform and application support service for our company’s AWS-based Research and Early Development Data Assets (REDDA) platform. The ideal candidate will have some laboratory science training in chemistry or biology along with some training in Computer Science with experience in AWS.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
- All aspects of REDDA system support and administration including installation, configuration, implementation, and maintenance
- End user support on data upload and search; support informatics teams; partner with cross-functional teams to resolve technical issues, and manage third party relationships required to meet objectives and deliver and maintain “in scope” services and projects
- Building, configuring, and troubleshooting open source and commercial applications, user support, and documentation
- Assist vendors in implementing release updates.Manage user accounts and permissions
- Understand IT strategies, standards, and work practices
- The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starter needing little direction who thrives in a global, collaborative, diverse, service-oriented environment. S/he will strive to continuously improve processes and services that fall within the scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Key to success for this role will be effective partnering with users (internal customers) and our company IT Teams including Global Infrastructure, IT Business Partners, and the broader Global Delivery Service organization.
- Accountable for REDDA platform maintenance and REDDA and account support across all Research & Early Development sites in North America.
- Responsible for other similar applications as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Some exposure to chemistry and biology data is preferred
- 5+ year working experience supporting a scientific IT research function
- In depth (5+ years) knowledge of Linux with a focus on Redhat/CentOS, Debian/Ubuntu including container build and deployment, configuration, maintenance, and administration
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Service (AWS) services and user support; High Availability deployments, load balancing and scalability
- Knowledge of configuration management practices and related tools such as Puppet, Git, Packer, and Docker
- Experience in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of licensed public tools; open source tools and commercial software tools
- Experience and understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment and behavior driven development
- Demonstrated proficiency with R, PL/SQL, Python, Java, Linux Shell Scripting, or similar script languages
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite tools
- Knowledge of configuration and release management processes and principles
- Customer service oriented individual with ability to work independently in a complex, fast paced research environment while perform designated tasks in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to document and electronically store daily task information, architecture, processes, and user instructions
- Management / maintenance of disk storage devices, SAN and NAS devices, and network equipment
- Experience with business analysis related tasks and techniques, with a demonstrated track record of interacting with end users to gather requirements and business needs.
- Strong knowledge of storage technology, both local and hosted, including design, implementation, maintenance, upgrade / transition planning and execution
- Experience in Database Administration including installation, upgrade and maintenance (Oracle, Postgres, Hadoop, etc.)
- Knowledge of design, implementation, and support of networked systems and technologies including routers, switches, file servers, DNS, and LDAP
- Scientific Domain Knowledge
- Analysis and problem solving