Information Specialist - India
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you will help find the biological answers and build the new businesses that can pave the way for a brighter future.
Together with your colleagues, you will work to continuously improve the library services in regards to search and analysis, secure that competitor patent surveillance is running optimally and take part in the important ongoing training efforts. As a part of a global team you will not be alone – you will have the support of passionate colleagues and collaborate with both information specialists, researchers and patent attorneys in many areas.
You will be reporting to the Head of Library
You will be part of our global Library team and your main responsibilities will be and administrating and running all aspects of our database containing the patent portfolios of Novozymes competitor’s.
You will also provide regularly analysis and reporting of the status of competitor cases to IP patent attorneys.
You will be handling IP SOP and guidelines for the patent competitor database.
You will of course be trained in managing the patent competitor database.
You will participate in other Novozymes Library tasks and together with your Indian colleague, help train Library users in India, help answer incoming ‘ Library helpdesk’ questions, help users setup individual alerts and perform searches ad hoc.
In this position you need to have:
- B.S. degree and 5 years’ experience or M.S. degree and two years of experience in Biological Science, Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry Biochemistry or related field
- B.S degree in Library and Information Science or/and Experience in Library and Information Science
- Solid knowledge and interest in working with search engines and bibliographic databases
- Experience working with patents and patent search
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and have good communication skills
- You have a strong attention to details as well as strong IT and database (e.g. DERWENT (World Patent Index) and INPADOC) experience.
- On a personal level, you are self-disciplined, systematic and comfortable with driving various activities, working both independently and within a team.
- Additionally, you are open minded, flexible, curious and service minded.
- You enjoy working with different cultures.
- We expect that you show initiative and are as passionate about our work, as we are.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com