Information Security Director - United States
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Information Security Director for our Information Technology site located in Wilmington, MA.
The Director of Information Security leads operational, engineering, and/or incident management functions within the information security team. This role provides management, leadership, and implementation of strategy for the team liaising closely with other managers within the IT organization. This role has significant input to the development and implementation of the Cyber Security Strategic Plan and develops policies, procedures, and guidelines to maintain a secure computing environment.
About Corporate Business
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.Qualifications
The following are minimum requirements related to the Information Security Director position.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent required; computer science, engineering, or information assurance/security or related discipline preferred. MBA or other graduate degree a plus.
- Experience: Minimum of 8 years IT Security experience required, with 4+ years in an information security, audit, or compliance management role.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: IT security related certification highly desired (e.g., CISSP, CISA, GIAC, or similar professional certification).
- Understanding of PCI, SOX, GxPs, Data Privacy regulations, etc.
- Ability to translate strategic goals into actionable programs and projects
- Knowledge of IT and information security best practices
- Able to handle moderate to complex problem resolution with minimal supervision
- Experience in risk assessment, audit, and IT security assessments
- Experience administering information security programs including risk assessments and forensic research, designing security architectures, developing policies, gathering metrics, and reporting status.
- Must have effective communication skills and strong interpersonal skills including influencing & aligning.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet