Information Management Lead - United States
- The Information Management Lead will develop UCB’s data strategy with minimal guidance and is responsible for developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the availability of secondary data options. Makes decisions within guidelines, policies and own business plan with greater freedom to act.
- This individual will serve as a liaison between Functional Areas and Information Technology (IT) to ensure that data related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational planning.
- This individual will need to establish and leverage strong relationships with our data suppliers.
- This position will work co-operatively with other functions within UCB to define needs and find solutions to fulfill defined service levels and business needs.
- This individual is expected to leverage prior experiences and provide leadership in defining processes and interactions related to the use of data cross the different functions within UCB as well as key sales and marketing stakeholders.
- This role is responsible for developing and implementing a Data Quality Review Process for the Master Data
- This individual will be responsible for building and leading a cross functional Committee comprised of individuals representing Information Technology (IT), Incentives Compensation (IC), Analytics, Marketing, Sales, Market Access and Trade. This team will be responsible for ensuring consistency use of UCB’s data assets in different forums and reports as well as, ensure that the data related to decisions are made with full understanding of the downstream dependencies. Information Management Lead will set priorities with this team to meet short-term deadlines and mid-term objectives.
- This individual is expected to identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace and to represent data as a strategic business asset
- Develops best practices and knowledge of external business challenges to improve Data Governance.
- Manage and provide direction to contractors of UCB's data governance mission and vision
- Provide direction to and manage any 3rd party supporting the role/function
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to nonstandard requests from internal/external customers. Solves complex Data Governance problems with little or no precedent or infrequently occurring problem.
- Responsible for managing the Information Management budget ($1M)
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years’ experience working in data management or related areas
- 3+ years leading projects or team
- 3+ years of experience creating documentation for Business or Technology stakeholders.
- Subject matter expertise in the available secondary data assets in the Pharmaceutical industry including good understanding of the specific uses of data across business operations and functions
- Proven experience setting up, performing and tracking metadata rules testing, data profiling, quality assurance testing, and user/system testing
- Demonstrated experience in analysis and presentation of data required by translating functional and non-functional requirements into specifications while working closely with customers stakeholders in analyzing requirements
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and being known to articulate complex concepts in clear, brief and easy to understand manner
- Strong ability to identify business requirements by active listening and questioning
- Proficiency in MS Office tools to include: Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook and proficient with web portal sites
- Demonstrated experience using advanced Excel features and techniques as well as querying languages (e.g. SQL) is a plus
- Experience in Enterprise Information Management and development of corporate Data Management, and Data Quality Standards
- A basic understanding of data systems, system architecture and data warehouses
- A good understanding of information management practices including information lifecycle management, data modelling, master data management and carrying out business audits and requirements gathering
- Experience in developing data definitions, data classifications, data models and data dictionaries and working with a Data modeling tool is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills with all levels internally and externally including technical and non-technical delivery and including communicating progress, status and risk information
- Ability to manage priorities, deadlines, and expectations on multiple tasks and execute tasks accordingly with a high degree of quality even with tight deadlines and changing business needs
- High level of detail orientation, organization, flexibility, teamwork, and relationship building skills
- Ability to routinely demonstrate strong quantitative, data analysis, analytical and complex problem solving skills without supervision including experience on how to distill large amounts of data in to actionable management information
- High degree of leadership and people skills with a high level of integrity, positive attitude, commitment and work ethic
- Strong learning agility and self-motivated individual seeking opportunities in a dynamic, team-based work environment that focuses ultimately in Patient Value Creation.
- Ability to travel ~ 20%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Information Technology or similar field
- Advanced degree is a plus.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Manager, Pharmaceutical, Marketing Manager, Procurement, Database, Management, Science, Marketing, Technology, Operations