What differentiates us at Alcami? Our people.
Help shape the future of medicine and join us – we are a pharmaceutical contract development manufacturing organization (CDMO).
Alcami Corporation is the first company to offer a solution that is tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. We offer a range of services from four distinct pillars: Development Services, Analytical Testing, Drug Product, and APIs. Beyond that, we can integrate our services so customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times. With six locations in the U.S. and a global location in The Netherlands, the Alcami family is growing rapidly. Picture yourself at Alcami and apply today.
The Industrial Hygiene Manager:
Monitors and evaluates occupational safety and health concerns including physical, chemical and/or biological hazards. Performs safety training and ergonomic evaluations. Performs safety inspections, investigates incident reports and recommends appropriate changes. Ensures workplace conditions comply with Environmental Health and Safety requirements. Participates in emergency response team and in occupational safety and health inspections.
Qualifications for success:
- Develop and maintain Chemical Exposure Management and Industrial Hygiene Programs for multiple sites.
- Participates in the development and implementation of supporting programs such as Respiratory Protection Program. Personal Protective Equipment, Hazards Analysis, Risk Control and Mitigation, Hazard Communication, Hearing Conservation.
- Conducts routine and follow up industrial hygiene surveys, prepare reports, recommend improvements and communicate findings to site leadership.
- Supervise contractor/consultant activities related to containment performance testing and development of containment solutions
- Conducts and/or reviews incident investigations and the development of appropriate corrective and preventative actions (CAPA).
- Performs and participates in EH&S inspections.
- Implements and maintains EH&S compliance programs such as RCRA, confined space, electrical safety, lock-out-tag-out, hot work and fall protection.
- Trains employees and monitors competency for EH&S programs.
- Responds to emergency situations involving physical, chemical, and/or biological hazards.
- Maintains EH&S records and documents consistent with regulatory and corporate requirements
- Conduct process safety evaluations and collaborate as necessary to provide guidance on solutions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences discipline or EH&S related discipline with minimum 10 years of experience in a pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing environment.
Certified Industrial Hygienist certification preferred.
Ability to travel occasionally (25 % of the time) to different sites and provide support as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
Knowledge of EH&S regulatory compliance reporting, including required data collection and reporting to federal, state, and local agencies
Ability to develop new training materials, programs and tools to analyze and improve training effectiveness
Ability to lead investigation of incidents, near misses and property damage incidents and ensure follow-up is completed to minimize future exposure: document same
Ability to perform regular audits on EH&S programs and revise as necessary to comply with federal, state and local requirements
Ability to lead safety hazard evaluations and risk assessments on facility operations and equipment
Ability to perform routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company environmental, health, and safety policies, procedures and practices
Ability to perform complex math functions, compute ratios, rates, and percentages
Ability to draw and interpret graphs and charts
Ability to solve practical problems and assist in their resolution
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
Communicate with other departments and personnel as needed.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Basic Standards and Expectations:
Performs assigned tasks carefully and on schedule according to standard operating procedure and supervisor instructions
Participates in company sponsored training
Demonstrates company loyalty in relations with company personnel
Maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment free of safety hazards
Works the hours necessary to meet scheduling commitments, is punctual with minimal absenteeism
Maintains productive work ethic
The ability to work with people at all levels of the organization
Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software products
What we offer you:
- In Wilmington, an onsite Learning Center for working parents
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- A menu of voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurances
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take the time when you need it
- To complement your personal financial strategy, we also have 401(k) matching