Indirect Tax Manager Wilmington United States,
Charles River (company)
Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and review of Indirect Tax returns, managing audits, monitoring the sales tax tables in Vertex, preparing tax accounting entries, and serves as a technical resource for all transactional taxes, property taxes and other taxes (i.e. gross receipts taxes).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the preparation and review of transaction tax filings, including sales & use tax, property taxes, gross receipts taxes, unclaimed property and business licenses.
- Manage the Indirect Tax function to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations, as well as minimize risk and exposure.
- Participate in ERP system s design, maintenance, and implementation related to indirect tax matters to ensure compliance, enhance efficiency and minimize expense.
- Identify and implement Indirect Tax planning opportunities.
- Manage sales and use tax audits, including gathering information, responding to audit requests, negotiating with tax authorities, tax research and assisting in preparing appeals.
- Research and document sales and use tax issues and keep current on transaction tax developments.
- Prepare and review monthly tax reconciliations for the tax liability accounts.
Find a Job Find Candidates