In vitro Toxicology / Safety Scientist - Belgium
- We’re looking for a capable and energetic scientist with broad experience in in vitro predictive toxicology.
- The ideal candidate will have 5 years plus post-doctoral experience in drug research and discovery & development with a focus on in vitro toxicology and safety assessment.
- Experience in our key therapeutic areas as well as knowledge in preclinical development of New Chemical and New Biological Entities (NCEs and NBEs, respectively) is desirable but not essential.
- Prior experience in laboratory management would be a plus.
- Provide scientific leadership & technical contributions for in vitro safety toxicology in order to identify, investigate and derisk mechanisms of toxicity at all stages of drug discovery and development
- Provide screening tools to derisk safety liabilities identified in pre-clinical toxicity studies
- Supervise, organize and review laboratory activities with focus on high impact processes in line with the strategic goals of the team
- Train new scientists and integrate them into the laboratory work stream
- Work closely with and provide input to the scientific leadership team
- Lead a cellular and molecular toxicology laboratory
- Train and supervise postdoctoral and graduate students
- Implement and validate key in vitro safety toxicology studies identified by the team
- Support technology transfer of selected technologies and assays to external partners (eg CROs)
- Attend scientific congresses and support publication of abstracts and/or papers in scientific journals supported by a good publication record.
- Provide support in establishing internal and external collaborations in the field of investigative, mechanistic safety toxicology and safety biomarkers
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work within cross-functional teams
- Support development of appropriate collaborations with external partners, academic institutions, CROs and consultants
- PhD or equivalent (DVM in toxicology, cellular or molecular biology)
- Strong knowledge in the field of in vitro toxicology with emphasis on in vitro systems and/or biomarkers
- Experience in working with NCE and NBE
- Prior experience in laboratory management (i.e. students, postdocs, scientists, laboratory support staff)
- Excellent planning and strategic skills to successfully drive laboratory-based activities
Job Segment: Chemistry, Genetics, Neurology, Scientific, Toxicology, Science, Healthcare, Engineering