This job is currently Archived,
In vitro Toxicology / Safety Scientist Braine-l'Alleud Belgium,
Posted on : 09 December 2016
Our promise is to help tackle the serious unmet medical needs affecting patients around the globe. An important part of our philosophy is to take a holistic approach to patients, which aims to find solutions tailored to their circumstances. By taking into account patients individual characteristics and lifestyles, such as age, diet, family history and genetic profile, we are also coming closer to providing personalized therapies. We are now looking for our New Medicines department at our research site in Belgium for a In vitro Toxicology / Safety Scientist
Nature and scope
- We re looking for a capable and energetic scientist with broad experience in in vitro predictive toxicology.
- The ideal candidate will have 5 years plus post-doctoral experience in drug research and discovery & development with a focus on in vitro toxicology and safety assessment.
- Experience in our key therapeutic areas as well as knowledge in preclinical development of New Chemical and New Biological Entities (NCEs and NBEs, respectively) is desirable but not essential.
- Prior experience in laboratory management would be a plus.
- Provide scientific leadership & technical contributions for in vitro safety toxicology in order to identify, investigate and derisk mechanisms of toxicity at all stages of drug discovery and development
- Provide screening tools to derisk safety liabilities identified in pre-clinical toxicity studies
- Supervise, organize and review laboratory activities with focus on high impact processes in line with the strategic goals of the team
- Train new scientists and integrate them into the laboratory work stream
- Work closely with and provide input to the scientific leadership team
The candidate is expected to
- Lead a cellular and molecular toxicology laboratory
- Train and supervise postdoctoral and graduate students
- Implement and validate key in vitro safety toxicology studies identified by the team
- Support technology transfer of selected technologies and assays to external partners (eg CROs)
- Attend scientific congresses and support publication of abstracts and/or papers in scientific journals supported by a good publication record.
- Provide support in establishing internal and external collaborations in the field of investigative, mechanistic safety toxicology and safety biomarkers
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work within cross-functional teams
- Support development of appropriate collaborations with external partners, academic institutions, CROs and consultants
- PhD or equivalent (DVM in toxicology, cellular or molecular biology)
- Strong knowledge in the field of in vitro toxicology with emphasis on in vitro systems and/or biomarkers
- Experience in working with NCE and NBE
- Prior experience in laboratory management (i.e. students, postdocs, scientists, laboratory support staff)
- Excellent planning and strategic skills to successfully drive laboratory-based activities
Job Segment: Chemistry, Genetics, Neurology, Scientific, Toxicology, Science, Healthcare, Engineering
Braine L'alleud Belgium
Find a Job Find Candidates