In vitro PDM Senior Scientist & Discovery Project Team Representative - Belgium
This position is based in Belgium.
- PDM’s primary responsibility is to obtain relevant insights on processes that control ADME of small molecule drug candidates with the aim of providing a mechanistic understanding of the pharmacokinetics pharmacodynamics as well as safety novel drug candidates in patients.
- The PDM team is looking for a highly motivated individual who will provide in vitro ADME support and contribute to project progression and decision making by providing expert opinion to multi-disciplinary discovery project teams.
- The successful candidate will play a crucial role in the mechanistic evaluation of new drug molecules to aid the early identification of development risks/opportunities within a scientific state-of-the-art and inspirational environment.
- The incumbent will be involved in the proposal, design and over-seeing/ execution of in vitro studies.
- The role will also involve interaction at the global level through science-focused working groups as well as opportunities for people management
- PhD in a relevant life science discipline and a minimum of 3-5 years post-doctoral experience in a related field.
- A fundamental understanding of drug discovery/development and the role of pharmacokinetics.
- Extensive hands-on experience in multiple in vitro ADME screening assays as well as the ability to design, supervise and interpret mechanistic in vitro ADME studies.
- Strong analytical thinking and proven ability to develop innovative research solutions is highly desirable and candidates with a broad lab-based experience in in vitro ADME will be given favourable consideration. Experience of LC-MS analysis is required and expertise in using/programming automated liquid handling platforms is desirable.
- Prior experience of representing the ADME/ DMPK field on multi-disciplinary project teams in a drug discovery environment is desirable.
- Evidence of active scientific participation and collaboration with colleagues in the ADME/DMPK community via scholarly publications and presentations at national/international conferences.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.