Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
1. Primarily responsible for reviewing and processing Merck Manufacturing Division US import shipments.
2. Responsible for determining appropriate import requirements based on commodity and shipment details and communicating with stakeholders and/or shippers pertaining to any aspect of their shipment.
3. Provide technical expertise to shippers, receivers, and project teams regarding the US Customs and Other Government Agency (FDA, USDA, F&W, DEA) import clearance requirements for all commodities.
4. Instruct Merck’s Customs Brokers on import entry requirements and responds to Broker’s requests for information.
5. Ensure compliance with US governmental regulations.
6. Performs trade compliance planning for imports.
7. Communicate amongst Supply Chain sites, vendors, stakeholders, receivers, brokers/freight forwarders to ensure the timely processing and delivery of all MMD shipments.
8. Using Global Trade Management systems, log activity on a transactional basis for the purposes of trend analyses, performance metric reports, record-keeping and productivity evaluations.
9. Responsible for contributing to team performance, transactional support and/or individual process analysis in support of departmental goals.
10. Interface with management, internal/ external customers and suppliers.
11. Contribute to the technical development of the Import Operations team.
12. Provide customer support when needed.
13. Work closely with Merck’s Global Trade Compliance group to support related import activities.
14. Support the investigation of corrective action/preventative action as applicable.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in an import operations environment
- Strong leadership, collaboration, organizational, and customer support skills
- Proficient in English with excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical, process, and problem solving skills
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office suite)
- Detail oriented
- Basic knowledge of import trade regulations, Customs Broker practices, international shipping practices, and regulatory awareness (Pharmaceuticals, FDA, USDA focus)
- Functional/technical expertise
- Minimum 5 years of Import or Logistics experience, preferably with pharmaceutical products, chemicals, or other heavily regulated commodities involving other government agency oversight
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job Title:Spclst, Logistics
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station West
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Shipping and Receiving, Law, Pharmaceutical, Supply, Logistics, Operations, Legal, Science