Immunology-Oncology Biology Senior Scientist II / I, Immune Profiling - United States
- Reports to Assoc. Dir. Immunology/Head of Immune Profiling Immunology Unit Boston.
- Leverages a world-class flow cytometry facility in Boston to support deep immunoprofiling and single-cell sorting for Immuno-Oncology programs through to clinical proof-of-mechanism.
- Spends ~ 85% of time in laboratory to maintain and implement a world-class immunoprofiling platform and assist in downstream experimental assays.
- Integrates this platform with bioinformatics and genetics approaches (including profiling approaches such as Nanostring), by leveraging internal expertise in Takeda in combination with academic partners and CROs.
- Serves as a liaison for immunoprofiling in the Immunology Unit, establishing best practices and scientifically rigorous standards for procedures, data management, and data interpretation.
- Assists in the identification, advancement, and success of innovative external partnerships for Immuno-Oncology.
- Provides immunological expertise for Immuno-Oncology programs as appropriate.
- Plays a key role in translational research activities, including biomarker discovery and validation.
- Keeps up with the up-to-date scientific advancement (e.g. systems approach to identify immune signatures, not limited to, T cell clonotype analysis in blood or tissues, mass spectrometry, and single-cell gene expression analysis).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in Immunology
- 4-5 years postdoctoral ‘hands-on’ work carried out in world-renowned Immunology / Immuno-Oncology lab
- Publication record in top scientific journals (International reputation)
- Expert in high-definition flow cytometry instrumentation, assay development, and data analysis
- Minimum 1-2 years of ‘hands-on’ experience in Industry setting with track record of contributing deep immuno-profiling support to programs and able to work well across multi-functional groups.
- Requires approximately 10% travel, including international
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.