This job is currently Archived,
Immunology Account Manager - United Kingdom
Posted on : 09 December 2016
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system.
- With more than 7,700 people in approximately 40 countries, the company generated revenue of € 3.9 billion in 2015.
- Our company recently recognised as the best employer with the Cogent Life Science Awards, is a fast growing global company with an investment of more than 25% of revenue in cutting-edge scientific research to meet unmet patient needs.
- We have a passionate, long-term commitment to discovering and developing innovative medicines that transform the lives of people with severe diseases.
This role will be the face of company's immunology team in the account, responsible for delivering the business objectives for our company's licensed immunology medicines to all relevant people in the account:
- Hospital Specialists
- Other key medical, nursing and pharmacy staff
- Ensure long-term sales growth for licensed medicines by aligning the company business strategy to the NHS / Department of Health / HSE health strategy.
- Enhance patient care and in achieving company’s business objectives the IKAM role recognizes that high cost medicines require cohesive clinical-commercial discussions across the account, resulting in local agreements between payers and prescribes.
- Work with the wider commercial organisation to develop and execute BII-region specific commercial strategies based on local nuances
- Share and develop best practices from the wider company and within the BII Immunology team.
- Deliver and input into the development of the BII commercial & market access strategies for in-line brands through excellence in account management:
- Develop and implement long- and short-term business plans to overcome barriers and maximize opportunities
- Determine whether a clinical demand (sales), payer partnership (access) approach, or both, is required
- Review account performance and adjust tactics appropriately
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of therapy area, product and competitor scientific and business knowledge:
- Ensure high levels of investigation to uncover actionable insights
- Run regular Customer Table meeting for your territory
- Quickly assimilate scientific and NHS / HSE & DoH knowledge and ascertain its relevance for the company.
- Knowledge of the ABPI / IPHA Code of Practice
- Continually develop in both technical and soft skills
- Strong Stakeholder Management
- Accurate identification of stakeholders and mapping of interconnectivity of same
- Determine most effective approach to engage and develop solid relationships with the stakeholders
- Strong implementation of influencing and selling skills.
- Mobilize advocacy at high levels of influence e.g. KOLs, interface pharmacists, medicines management, regional procurement teams etc
- Represent our company as a major research based company
- Experience of success in key account working
- Significant experience and proven success selling to specialist clinicians and payers
- Strong national and local NHS knowledge
- Evidence of successfully working with formulary submissions (ideally in both PCT and hospital environments).
- Experience and knowledge of relevant disease areas
- Experience of achieving results as part of a team
- ABPI qualified
- Full driving licence and fit to drive
- Ability to travel extensively within own territory (on occasions, overnight stays may be necessary)
Job Segment: Immunology, Medical, Pharmacy, Patient Care, Manager, Healthcare, Management