This job is currently Archived,
Imaging Scientist - India
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- Our company is the world leader in plant biotechnology area including discovery, development and delivery of elite crop genetics.
- Our company is aggressively building Big Data and Predictive Analytics capabilities in order to deliver improved services to our customers.
- We are currently seeking an Imaging Scientist with a background in image analysis, computer vision and pattern recognition to join our team at our Knowledge Center for our global Data Science and Informatics group.
- You’ll become part of a work environment that nurtures your interests, ignites your passion, creates opportunities to serve and helps you attain success–both personally and professionally.
- The hiring level will be commensurate with the level of experience.
- This is a critical position with the potential to make immediate, significant impact on our business.
- The successful candidate will have an extensive background and track record in image analysis or computer vision.
- She/he will work closely with other imaging specialists, software engineers, and data scientists in a dynamic research environment to design and implement sophisticated end-to-end solutions for image-based plant phenotyping and field trials (remote sensing, satellite imagery).
- The candidate will need to have an in-depth understanding of imaging theory, technologies & techniques and be able to independently create technical solutions to a wide range of image analysis problems requiring collaboration with key stakeholders.
Education and experience:
- Ph.D. in Image Analysis, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Computational Photography or Artificial Intelligence
- Alternatively, a Ph.D. in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Physics, Mathematics or related field or related scientific discipline with 2yrs of demonstrated experience specifically in image processing or computer vision.
- Master’s degree in Image Analysis, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition or Artificial Intelligence with 6yrs of equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of image processing and analysis algorithms and tools for RGB, hyperspectral, fluorescence, LIDAR and 3D imaging including detecting and classifying objects in complex low/medium/high resolution data-sets.
- Experience in the design and optimization of deep neural networks architectures for image classification, sematic segmentation, machine vision applications.
- Strong programming skills in Python and C/C programming with the ability to quickly create prototype solutions on Unix / Linux platforms.
- Experience working with open source libraries and toolkits such as SciKit-Image, TensorFlow, Torch, Theano, OpenCV, Caffe, ROS, ORB_SLAM, VLFeat.
- Practical cloud computing experience with AWS technologies (EC2, S3, ECS, etc.) and experience in high performance and data intensive platforms.
- Interest in learning new technologies, programming techniques, languages, and operating systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Experience in research, life sciences, or in data science is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work as part of a global team and, at times, independently while appropriately prioritizing tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required.
- Experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Convolutional Neural Networks, Deep Learning for Imaging Applications, Generative Image Models.
- Experience working with geospatial images and tool-sets - infrared, multi-spectral, spatial databases and/or photogrammetry.