The Center for Brain and Disease is looking for a motivated bio-informatics technician to provide support to ongoing research projects. You will play a key role in the development, execution and support of high throughput data analysis workflows on local servers and the Flemish Supercomputer Center.
Your functions will be:
- Development, deployment and maintenance of bioinformatics workflows.
- Heterogeneous data management in a research environment.
- User support, troubleshooting
- Education in bio-informatics, or a related field.
- Experience in scripting languages, most importantly: Python, R and bash.
- Knowledge of Linux and high performance computing.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis and machine learning.
- Basic knowledge of, or demonstrable interest in the brain and brain disease is a distinct advantage.
- You have a practical, can-do, problem-solving attitude.
- Good communication skills, and fluent in written and spoken English.
- A full time job in a varied, challenging, collegial environment.
- Assist in world-class science aiming to understand brain, and brain degenerative diseases.
- Competitive salary.
- Starting date: as soon as possible.