Hyperion Solution Architect - United States
- Our company has embarked on a long term initiative to transform its finance organization and its financial system architecture.
- We believe in system driven reporting based on robust processes, reliable data and ease of use to provide insights and support leadership decisions.
- As such, our company is implementing a Hyperion Essbase solution to drive system based financial reporting across the organization.
- We are also deploying a new Hyperion Planning solution to support the Annual Operating Plan process.
- The Hyperion Solution Architect will own these solutions and take over the implementation team.
- He/she will report to the IT Finance Manager and will partner with the FP&A team to deliver highly integrated reporting system architecture and seek to optimize systems to support planning, actual and forecast reporting capabilities.
- Partners with the global FP&A teams to facilitate the adoption of the new tools, maintain them and implement enhancements which support the financial reporting & planning cycles.
- As such, the solution architect is responsible for understanding and interpreting end user requirements and translating those requirements into well architected solutions and designs.
- Maintain the existing Hyperion environment (including Essbase, Planning, HFM, FDMEE, and EPMA), including related interfaces, calculation scripts, outlines, member formulas, aliases, load rules, security filters, and reports.The focus of the role will be on Essbase and Planning, as HFM has existing administrative support.
- Perform detailed analysis as needed to develop and maintain detailed documentation for all application upgrades, product enhancements, and process modifications.
- Develop and maintain detailed end user documentation and application administration documentation.
- Execute on the development, implementation, and testing of developed solutions to ensure business requirements are satisfied and implemented accurately.
- Manage data and metadata load processes and assist the business with maintaining mappings within FDMEE.
- Responsible for managing help desk issues, including basic support of infrastructure.
- 5+ years of Hyperion Essbase and Planning development and/or support experience
- At least 1 implementation
- Experience or exposure to HFM is desirable
- Solution architecture experience is required, specifically ability to determine the proper setup and use of applications/databases, dimensions, attributes, and UDAs
- Advance calc scripting experience is required
- Must be able to evaluate performance issues and tune the application appropriately, including managing database size, dense/sparse settings, and block size
- Advanced SmartView experience is required, specifically ability to efficiently produce large volumes of reports
- Experience with OBIEE is desirable
- Experience with FDMEE and EPMA is required
- Must be able to provide basic server support of the Hyperion environment
- Understanding of financial planning and analysis is highly desirable