Hydrocolloid Processing Engineer - Denmark
- We are looking for an experienced chemical or process engineer to help us develop and improve processes for our value-adding stabilizers and texturants for the food industry.
- Through understanding of product quality and functionality, as well as raw material diversity, you will bring insights and optimization to our manufacturing processes.
- You will work in our Process R&D group where we support product and process development within texturants and emulsifiers, as well as combinations thereof, to address trends in the global food and beverage industries.
- You will be the link between R&D and our production sites, ensuring capable implementation of new technologies for product and process development.
- The position will be based at the hub for food and feed innovation. Some travel activity may become relevant with an estimated load of up to 40 travel days per year.
- Title and pay level will balance your qualifications.
- Develop processes for new and existing hydrocolloid products, in alignment with business and market needs
- Understand and explore raw materials and product functionality and quality to support manufacturing processes
- Conduct experiments and build knowledge through hands-on laboratory work
- Convey results to our production sites to ensure capable implementation and control planning
- Interpret results through data driven approaches
- Scout for new technologies to optimize throughput and capability of industrial processes
- Write technical reports and give technical presentations (external and internal)
- Provide technical guidance to collaborative partners such as lab technicians, scientists, engineers, application scientists, production sites, product managers and sales representatives
- Chemical or Process Engineer with minimum 3 years of documented and relevant experience
- Knowledge of chemical unit operations and experience with industrial scale production
- Excellent teamwork & communication skills for working in a global and multidisciplinary scientific environment
- Visionary, outgoing, curious and proactive personality with an open mindset
- Fluent in English at a professional level
- Experience with statistical tools and practical experimental design is an advantage
- Knowledge of and experience with hydrocolloids, other polysaccharides or natural polymers is an advantage
- Good practical and theoretical understanding of daily challenges in both research and production unit settings is an advantage
We are dedicated to maximizing our most valuable asset—our people. We do so by embracing diversity and offering opportunities for continuous development, whilst maintaining a good work/life balance. Our compensation package includes a competitive base salary, variable performance pay and a comprehensive benefits offering. A career offers you an opportunity to become the catalyst for change, personally and professionally.