- Our company Facilities Services and Real Estate organization has an open position for an HVAC/R Mechanic.
- The position will located at the company Chestnut Run Facility.
- The HVAC/R Mechanic has primary responsibility for the proper operation of complex building heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment in a cost effective manner. Complex systems include using steam and chilled water systems or chillers to control the building conditions.
- Responsible for maintaining repairing, conducting periodic visual checks and performing preventive and predictive maintenance on the building HVAC equipment. Have “hands-on” knowledge for pneumatic, electronic and Building Automated Systems (BAS) control systems.
- Troubleshoots, calibrates, tests, adjusts, balances (TAB) building HVAC operations and building energy management systems (as required).
- The HVAC/R mechanic is responsible for resolving customer complaints and concerns such as hot / cold calls regarding requests.
- Proactively interacts with customers to determine their needs and to encourage energy conservation.
- Initiates work orders or requests engineering assistance as required. Participates in building design meetings and project closings. Maintains and publishes quality-related data to support (1) planning and scheduling, (2) continuous improvement initiatives, (3) use of alternative equipment, technologies and/or processes.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Completed HVAC/R apprenticeship or have a minimum of 5-years’ experience in the HVAC/R field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Steam, Chilled Water HVAC systems and their associated equipment (Screw Chiller knowledge a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to changing conditions.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and vendor literature.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills and familiar with e-mail (Outlook), Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems .
- Demonstrated ability to work as a self-managed individual, solve problems and make decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with diverse groups of people, such as line management, engineers and maintenance and building occupants.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment.