Human Stem Cell Biology - Italy
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 14 May 2017
- We are seeking an experienced cell biologist to join our Biology Department.
- As a key member of our company’s Biology team this role will involve directing and delivering on the Company’s internal and external drug discovery objectives.
- The successful candidate is expected to have experience in the implementation, maintenance, differentiation and characterization of human stem cells and their differentiation into neuronal cell types.
- Exposure to genome editing and characterization of mutant human stem cell lines is a definite plus.
- The ideal candidate will have a PhD or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in the culture, manipulation and differentiation of human stem cells into neurons and the implementation of these neuronal models for functional studies.
- The successful candidate will join a dynamic, multidisciplinary team dedicated to the development of novel therapeutic strategies for Huntington’s disease leveraging post-translational modifications of Huntingtin protein.
- Strong communication skills will be required to enable successful management of both associate and PhD scientists as well as the coordination of external collaborations and CRO’s.
- This position will suit a highly motivated, innovative and strong team player with experience and a proven track record of advancing drug discovery projects.
- PhD in Cell Biology or a related field, with significant post-doctoral experience. Industrial experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech sector is a bonus;
- Extensive experience in the maintenance and manipulation of human embryonic stem cell lines and in their use in the development of models to study neuronal differentiation and neurodegeneration
- Management and leadership skills, ability to provide supervision and mentorship;
- Strong team ethic and focus on delivering to agreed project timelines;
- Motivated and passionate about conducting high quality scientific research.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.