Are you looking for a challenge within a dynamic global organisation or a German family business? At B. Braun you can find both. For more than 175 years and counting, B. Braun is amongst the world's top healthcare companies operating in 64 countries, with over 55,000 experts networking their knowledge every day. You can thrive in this strong culture of continuous exchange. Become a part of the B. Braun family and share your expertise. Together we improve healthcare.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
- Position Summary:
- The Human Resources Specialist provides specialized support to the Human Resources and Development Department (HRD) staff in relation to day to day operations and established policies and procedures. This position regularly interfaces with employees across the organization to administer key HRD services, programs, activities and processes.
- Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Work with employees to answer benefits questions and assist in processing life events and open enrollment elections.
- Facilitate new hire orientations to build a strong foundation for new employees and increase employee engagement.
- Coordinate exit process for departing employees.
- Prepare and maintain monthly reports including new hire, termination, employee lists, transfers, promotions, etc.
- Create and/or maintain monthly HR Metrics reports such as turnover, cost per hire, headcount, and various other ad hoc reports through use of the current HR data base system and current spreadsheet and word processing systems.
- Track weekly, monthly, and annual HR related KPI’s.
- Enter all personnel status changes including salary, department and shifts, job title, supervisor, new hires, terminations, etc. into the current HRIS system and Lotus Notes Employee Change Notification database. Complete and track I-9’s.
- Modify and maintain job description database.
- Coordinate the hourly review process. Send notification memos and notify HR representatives and management of late reviews.
- Assist employees with payroll related questions/issues and act as the Payroll liaison between Irvine and the Corporate Payroll Department.
- Prepare and maintain employee files assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality.
- Complete EDD claim forms.
- Assist recruitment efforts by preparing job postings, maintaining the process and flow of the internal bid process, schedule and/or conduct phone screens, as necessary. Review internal applicants and determine primary and secondary status.
- Determine whether the candidate meets minimum requirements, i.e. education, skills, eligibility, etc. Coordinate travel for candidates when necessary.
- Monitor pre-employment tests (background checks and pre-employment drug screen results).
- Assist with department projects as requested.
- Act as a backup to the Human Resources Coordinator.
- Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of computer applications, i.e. Excel, Word, HRIS systems such as ADP, PeopleSoft, etc.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of important company or employee information.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees, management, departmental representatives, candidates, vendors, contractors, and general public.
- Knowledge of Federal, State & Local regulations governing employment and Affirmative Action
- Able to access, understand and interpret office procedures, HR policies and practices.
- Create and maintain meticulous and accurate record keeping.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials and/or data entry.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must uphold strict confidentiality, be team oriented and a results oriented self-starter.
- Ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information.
- Ability to adapt to change in the work environment and work assignments whether planned or unplanned.
- Demonstrate strong independent judgment skills in performing daily activities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, fluid environment while working independently to complete assignment within established deadlines.
- cGMP experience/knowledge desirable.
- Professional appearance and the ability to conduct oneself and represent the company and the department in a professional manner.
- Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- High school diploma and 5 or more years of Human Resources experience or 2-3 years of experience supplemented with education and/or training, i.e. HR certificate.
- Must be a team player, self-starter and be able to handle many tasks with minimal supervision.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
- Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
What we offer
Other duties as assigned.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate