Human Resources Representative - United States
Function as an HR generalist, providing basic HR guidance and support for assigned group(s) in areas such as staffing, employee relations/problem resolution, performance development and compensation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist line management in interpreting and consistently applying HR-related company policies, procedures and practices.
- Participate in the recruitment process: draft and/or edit ad copy and job descriptions for posting, interview, screen, evaluate and extend employment offers to qualified applicants. In larger sites, partner with recruiter on staffing.
- Assist supervisors and managers with drafting new and updated job descriptions and work with compensation to have them approved.
- Provide guidance and counsel to employees and managers with routine work-related, disciplinary and performance issues. Seek guidance from HR manager as appropriate for more complex issues.
- Process documents and PeopleSoft transactions as needed.
- Audit HR documentation as needed.
- May conduct or participate in employee orientation.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of routine unemployment claim proceedings.
- Conduct termination/exit interviews and recommend actions based on trends.
- May serve as a trainer on non-technical topics such as sexual harassment and diversity.
- Participate in company and community-related events.
- Ensure all actions comply with local, state and federal regulations and maintain necessary documentation for compliance purposes.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in human resources management or related discipline.
- Experience: 0 to 2 years related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and influence skills. Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel required. PeopleSoft knowledge preferred. Must be able to learn new software quickly. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English is required; bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred or required in some locations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet