- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- Significant experience in HR with a strong track record operating as HR Business Partner.
- Experience ideally gained within pharmaceutical environment
- The HR Business Partner role is key for our organization where the HR department partner hand in hand with the business.
- The HR BP will be working in a fast paced and matrix environment supporting client groups across all Global Functions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leverages existing HR programs, policies, and procedures to create value-added solutions for the business
- Provides proactive expertise, coaching and counseling to business leaders, employees and peers on complex HR and business issues
- Is sought after by clients and employees for counsel on increasingly complex employee relations issues and meets with managers and employees to determine effective techniques and/or interventions for resolution• Identifies key stakeholders and utilizes communication channels
Process, Policy and Program Excellence
- Evaluates the effectiveness and influences the development of HR programs, policies and processes to meet evolving business needs
- Leverages best-practices in HR management to increase effectiveness
- Encourages and promotes generation of new ideas, process improvements, and best practices that align with overall HR strategy
- Proactively builds partnerships
Employee Engagement and Development
- Coaches managers and employees in creating a trust-based culture identifying elements/opportunitiesthat drive long-term performance
Workforce Planning and Talent Management
- Anticipates future business needs and develop strategy to enhance the value proposition and overall Workforce Planning and Talent Management strategy of the internal and external talent pools
- Leads the development of resourcing strategies and selection process, working with managers to define jobs and organizational structure, making recommendations when needed and anticipating future needs
- Establishes performance standards and commits to evaluation and review of developmental opportunitiesImpact and Influence
- Deals courageously with volatile sensitive issues tactfully showing willingness to challenge appropriately
- Works in the development of strategic HR programs/policies
- Impacts directly on overall business and HR performance through the ability to influence and work in a consultative manner with business leaders
- Develops and implements highly innovative solutions to solve complex problems
- Engage discussions with HR counterparts to leverage experience and best practices when solving problems
- Leading Self and Others
- Provides continuous feedback to peers and leaders
- Work in cross-functional collaboration and conducts meetings to gain the trust and respect of members, make decisions on business issues and freely challenges and expresses opinions
- At least 10-15 years of experience in HR, of which at least 5 in an HRBP role
- Previously influenced managers/ senior managers, built strong relationships
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with managers/ senior managers and HR team.
- Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas
- Act as a role model for the organization, team oriented. Works with others in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues in Switzerland and the UK and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common sense approach
- Effectively plans ahead to anticipate problems, plans for worst-case and best-case scenarios
- Demonstrates passion - approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way.
- Committed to upholding professional standards
- Capable communication skills
- handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence
- Ability to deliver appropriate information to the right people
- Displays integrity - is sincere in own behavior and in dealings with others
- Self motivated and self aware - recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and is committed to personal development
- Takes a broad interest in the success and development of the company and the Human Resource function as a whole