This job is currently Archived,
Human Resources Business Partner (Associate Director) Emeryville United States,
Posted on : 26 April 2017
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- The Associate Director, HR is responsible for business partnering with specific client groups to provide a broad range of support for your clients people strategies.
- All members of the company HR team also take responsibility for leading or participating in projects that span across client groups.
- As a HR professional, you will consult and partner with; advise, coach, negotiate, influence, innovate and challenge appropriate functional groups on people-related issues; work in partnership with functional leaders to design, develop and drive HR initiatives that meet strategies and scientific goals; improve the effectiveness of the organization in partnership with the management team; and provide recommendations and outcomes that will enhance management capability and organizational performance .
MAJOR DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Provide ongoing HR Business Partner support to drive the implementation of all HR aspects of company s growing commercial organization
- Support functional leaders in all HR related aspects
- Implement the array of company HR Processes with your client groups, balancing their specific needs with the efficiency and scale necessary across the organization
- Coach and consult line managers in all issues regarding HR and people management.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy, and employment law
- Provide support to employees including assistance with confidential problems and issues.
- Interpret feedback and provide an informed and independent perspective on organizational strengths and weaknesses given its scientific and commercial ambitions and competitive environment.
- Represent our company. on select LTD and Global projects to ensure company-wide efforts align with company organizational goals and needs.
- Consult with key organizational stakeholders to identify and diagnose organizational problems and design and help implement innovative and sustainable solutions.
- Lead, design, develop, improve and monitor organization-wide processes and programs aimed at building organizational capability.
- Consult with HR Team and clients to identify strategies that support the desired organizational culture across the company culture while also connecting to specific needs of individual functional and disease areas.
- Identify opportunities for organizational excellence and help shape strategies and plans to address gaps.
- Stay current on trends in the Human Resources field to ensure solutions are state-of-the-art.
- Perform other duties as necessary as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA of other relevant advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant HR experience, with minimum of 5 years in Talent/Organizational Development or allied areas
- Preferred: experience in leading strategic, global change management projects; assessing needs of internal clients; developing and implementing innovative strategies, processes and programs.
- Sound business acumen, and proven ability to work with diverse organizational and social cultures.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to collaborate cross-functionally and globally while building strong relationships
- Demonstrate competence in assessing priorities and successfully leading and managing multiple projects, while meeting time-sensitive and demanding deliverables.
- Proven ability to work in high-pressure, highly visible situations
- Experience successfully leading direct reports and project teams.
- Demonstrated competency in applying Human Resources principles, policies, and practices.
- Proven capacity for learning new functions and concepts quickly; self-starter.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work with employees at all organizational levels and from diverse cultures.
- Excellent judgment and tact in handling confidential, sensitive information.
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, working in a team environment.
- Experience using ADP, Microsoft Office Suite tools (including Outlook, Power Point, Word, Access, and Excel), Applicant Tracking Systems, Halogen, Success Factors and similar software applications.
- Ability to working in a fast paced working environment managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Find a Job Find Candidates