This job is currently Archived,
Human Resource Consultant/Labor Relations Bargainer - United States
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 18 September 2017
DuPont has a current opening for a North America Operations Human Resources Consultant/Labor Relations Bargainer that will provide direct support to our Yerkes Plant located in Buffalo, New York, and be a part of the Northeast Region HR Team. This position will require a person of vision, integrity and commitment, as well as substantial leadership and influencing experience, maturity and judgment. This position will report to the Northeast Region HR Team Leader.
The responsibilities for the Human Resources Consultant/Bargainer position will include but are not limited to:
- Provide HR leadership and support as an employee relations/labor relations resource for all employees at the Yerkes Plant, including represented manufacturing site employees.
- Plan, develop and coordinate HR initiatives in support of strategic business goals.
- Responsible for bargaining site/business initiatives with Union representatives. This may include bargaining site policies, procedures, corporate initiatives and collective bargaining agreements.
- Supports and drives labor relations strategies at the site and responding to union information requests.
- Maintains communications with union leadership on a continuing basis.
- Monitors, documents, and reports on industrial/labor relations activities.
- Work with legal resources on labor relations issues
- Researches and analyzes current and potential industrial/labor relations problems, opportunities, and issues and evaluates their impact.
- Provide strategic HR business partner services to the site/business group(s).
- Champion Core Values including a commitment to Safety; Respect for People practice and training, and Ethical behavior and compliance
- Communicate and articulate implications of HR programs. Adapt programs as necessary to client organization needs within defined program boundaries, and assist management in implementing HR program changes.
- Effectively interpret and communicate site/business needs. Identify and/or assist in developing appropriate solutions to meet needs.
- Be a change agent actively supporting the implementation of necessary business initiatives.
- Be an employee advocate in a variety of situations, developing and interpreting policies and site practices, resolving people-related issues, and consulting on strategic and employee relations issues.
- Actively coach and counsel line supervision in resolving employee problems and/or employee relations/labor relations issues.
- Coach Managers in sound change-management practices and resource the application of those initiatives.
- Liaise with Employee/Labor Relations COE to ensure equitable labor relations practices
- Provide defined metrics for measuring effectiveness of HR programs in driving organizational performance and containing costs.
- Support site wage, non-exempt merit and exempt processes including job evaluation, selection & hiring, training & development, succession planning, performance management, job progression, job movement, reward & recognition, and organizational assessment.
DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we're looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best that it can be.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer.
DuPont is an E-Verify employer.
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
BA/BS Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations; other BA/BS degrees considered. At least 5-10 years of relevant HR/labor relations experience preferred in a manufacturing environment. Lead bargaining experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability as Business Partner
- Demonstrated ability as a Culture & Change Agent
- Must possess excellent judgment and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written)