HR Partner - Argentina
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Co-lead the HR function in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Mexico and Colombia, in accordance with the guidelines from the Latam HR Lead.
- Align and act as a steward for the end to end HR agenda and drive the development of working culture within the affiliate.
- Act as influential advisor and credible activist by becoming an agent of progressive change.
- Fully support the commercial functions and work with the Latam HR Lead and the global HR colleagues in a highly matrixed environment to ensure appropriate support to all other functions based at the affiliate
- Implement employee engagement initiatives
- Proactively take action to settle employee relation issues
Support the global HR processes and initiatives - 20% (ideally 20-30%)
- Partner with the Latam HR lead and the Centers of Excellence to implement and sustain the global projects at local level
- Ensure the appropriate use of the people systems
- Maintain the rigor in reward system in line with the global guidance
Owns end to end execution of the functional HR work and provide support to other areas - 55% (ideally 20%)
- Manage the transactional work (personnel administration, AOP preparation, payroll, benefits, car fleet, local vendors, HR budget)
- R&S/Hiring processes:
- Partner with the TA person to ensure the medical exams and tests required by law are done before hiring new employees.
- Manage the external vendors that provide these services.
- Ensure all local requirements are met (contract and additional documents signed by the employee and properly filed)
- Prepare and monitor the onboarding agenda for new employees
- Provide proper information to the payroll vendor ensuring the new ees are enrolled in all benefits offered by the company
- Ensure all required documents and medical exams are properly signed and filled
- Contact the payroll provider to prepare the severance package and prepare the payments related to the severance package
- Follow up with the payroll vendor until the agreement is signed/finalized
- Ensure all documents (physical, signed and notarized) are delivered to the employee according to the deadlines defined by law
- Provide support to managers / ask for HR Ops support and monitor the moves to make sure they have been done simultaneously in WD and at the local payroll
- Include/exclude employees in line with hiring processes, dismissals, transfers and promotions. Manage all benefits providers (contract life cycle, PO and payments)
- Manage the external provider and consolidate the monthly information (eventual payments, discounts, LTI, SIC) and send them to the vendor
- Partner with the global compensation team to implement the salary increases according to the global guidelines and the local mkt practices.
- Make sure the information goes to the payroll vendor accordingly
- Administer the interaction with the global mobility team to properly manage the expats in LAS
- Medical follow up:
- Manage the vendor, monitor health leaves according to the local laws
- Develop, update and ensure compliance with the local policies.
- Represent the company on audits and inspections
- Manage temporary workforce and interns: serving as a liason between the company and the external vendors
- Manage the internal communication efforts in accordance with accordance with the guidelines from the Latam HR Lead
- Partner with the PR team to coordinate the Care Deeply day and other corporate actions socially responsible
- Ensure that the initiatives implemented by the office manager and safety manager are in line with the HR strategy/business requirements.
- 8+ year experience in multinational companies working in a highly matrixed environment
- Experience with personnel administration / knowledge about the labor environment in Argentina.
- Experience working with other countries under the incumbent responsibility is a plus.
- General HR experience (knowledge and skills) are mandatory
- Able to work in English / Spanish skills are nice to have
Bachelor Degree an above
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Payroll, Scientific, HR, Science, Finance, Research, Engineering, Human Resources