- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- We will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, company’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology.
- Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Our company has a high-performing, team based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions. A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as excellent organizational skills.
- The purpose of the role is to support the HR Director for the company in the development of the HR function and to influence and drive cultural development in line with company's vision for a highly engaged innovative workforce who consistently deliver superior results.
- The ideal candidate will collaborate with all stakeholders to identify, develop, and implement HR solutions that support the Irish organization’s ambitious goals and objectives.
- While the successful candidate will support the Sr HR Director, EUMEA in delivering the full suite of HR services, they will play a central role in leading the company Recruitment & Selection project and in developing a recruitment,engagement & retention strategy that will provide key talent for current and future requirements.
- Other key support areas will include: employment law compliance, performance management, organizational development, training, and other special projects assigned to the candidate.
- This is an excellent opportunity to play a significant role in the organizational development, culture, and management of a successful and innovative biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and marketing therapies for patients with rare genetic diseases, with a growing business in Ireland which includes Quality, Manufacturing, Laboratories, Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain, Contract Manufacturing and Commercial Operations
- Lead start up and ongoing recruitment efforts for the Irish Entity as well as supporting and driving a recruitment & retention strategy that will provide key talent for current and future needs
- Support and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to optimize talent acquisition outcomes
- Support business objectives by driving a high performance culture through coaching, training and change management.
- Drive the performance management process cross functionally & ensure individual development plans are in place for all key personnel.
- Work with senior management to develop organisation structures that will best achieve business objectives.
- Partner with senior management to develop and manage an effective succession planning programme.
- Lead employee relations issues to successful resolution, ensuring legal compliance and managed business risk through coaching and advising management on best practice by drawing upon professional experience plus additional resources, including headquarters HR, BMIL management, local employment laws, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Apply leadership and influence skills to foster a productive, collegial business environment.
- Be highly sensitive to, and supportive of, the goals, culture, and needs of the organization.
- Support the Irish organization on budget / forecast process related to payroll issues.
- Collaborate with the benefits staff, key internal stakeholders, and external brokers/vendors to manage annual plan negotiations and renewals.
- Other special projects as required.
Manage a staff of two or more
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- Ten-plus years experience in human resources with demonstrated increase in responsibility and scope over time
- A demonstrated history of success in developing and executing best in class HR initiatives including Recruitment & Selection Projects
- Ability to balance local and corporate/global perspectives
- Proven experience in developing and delivering HR strategies
- Good knowledge of local and international employment laws
- Strong customer focus and business acumen
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience preferred
- Proven consultative and relationship management skills with a track record of partnering with senior/middle management in the development, implementation and adoption of people programmes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent communications, both written and verbal, with the ability to educate and persuade through formal and informal communications
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills
- Capacity to manage multiple activities and priorities
- Must have a solid baseline of experience in HR systems
- Must have strong analytical and quantitative skills and project management skills.
- Must have strong skills in teamwork, collaboration, and communication both internally and through external partners
- Must have experience in managing staff