This job is currently Archived,
HR Director - Belgium
Posted on : 09 May 2017
- Our company is a global pharmaceutical company, with approximately 65,000 employees worldwide, dedicated to improving health for all.
- Thanks to our continued investment in medical research of innovative medicines for humans and animals we have entered a phase of growth in EUCAN.
- Our company has two main sites; where we have Human Health Commercial and Animal Health Commercial teams, in additional to Regional Leaders acting as our interface into the EU Government; Heist op den Berg is one of our pivotal manufacturing sites where we produce, package and label products including one of our flagship oncology products.
- Our growth strategy is underpinned by the strength of our people. The HR Director Belgium is tasked to unlock the potential of our people allowing them to deliver and develop. You will be a visionary HR / people leader connecting corporate objectives to the local people strategy, fully embracing the “One HR” concept.
- The HR Leader (Director), Belgium, is a critical leader for the entire company footprint in Belgium, a market with significant Commercial, Manufacturing and Clinical Research presence, employing approximately 1000 employees at two sites.
- HR plays a key role as an active partner to the business in both driving and executing change; having the right talent in the right jobs and ultimately ensuring business success. HR ensures the Business drives talent management in line with the Business strategy to ensure the right leadership and capabilities exist at the right time within the organization to achieve the required transformation and performance.
- Business Partnership is displayed in the different roles of HR as a Strategic Partner, Talent Management Expert, Change-Agent and as Belgian employment legislation advisor. The Leader needs to develop a competent, efficient and highly-professional HR function which is integrated on both a regional and global level.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- As a member of the senior leadership team, contribute to the development and execution of the broader business strategy. Lead the development and delivery of the HR strategy in line with the overall business strategy. Act as a sparring partner to both Managing Directors in Belgium (GHH & Animal Health) to support the people strategy.
- Provide HR Leadership for and support for the Heist op den Berg manufacturing site interfacing with site leadership team and being the escalation point for in CLA discussions, labour negotiations.
- Provide strong leadership to the local HR team. Build and develop a world class, business-focused function which has the strategic and execution capability to play a key role in achieving company future objectives in the Belgium market, across all divisions.
- Through robust talent management and succession planning, identify opportunities for organizational capability building required to meet the needs of the business and deliver HR strategies to realize these opportunities.
- Collaborate with HR Centres of Excellence (CoEs) and HR Operations to drive HR transformation and ensure the appropriate resources are executing the right work and providing effective HR services to the Business. Champion the HR model as one HR and provide constructive feedback for strategic, operational and service improvements.
- Play an active role on the Mid Europe Region (MER) HR Leadership Team, contributing to the development and execution of regional HR strategy and driving collaboration and best practice across the region.
- Oversee creation and implementation of localized HR strategies, as well as integration and implementation of Corporate HR initiatives, in line with global HR CoEs and HR Operations, ensuring that best practice processes and systems are in place to drive operational excellence.
- Lead the Belgian HR team ensuring the right talent is in place and performing.
- Provide coaching and development and continued capability development. Set clear, challenging performance standards and hold others accountable for results.
- Ensure operating standards for employee relations, resourcing, performance management, rewards and training and development, are in line with corporate standards and in compliance with Canadian employment legislation.
- Encourage and maintain a positive employee relations climate through effective navigation of complexities, and strong engagement strategies.
- Ensure decision-making processes throughout the organization take into account the people agenda/issues.
- Monitor key metrics to ensure effective execution and management of critical projects, processes and operating budgets.
- Maintain a close understanding of external factors that impact people-related issues.
- Keep abreast of changing HR legislation and ensure policy and practice is kept up-to-date, and that the impact of future legislative changes is anticipated.
- At least 10 years of HR experience, preferably in a multinational environment
- Bachelors Degree; MBA preferred.
- Track record in leading transformational change
- Expertise in managing manufacturing and commercial businesses with a focus on associated labour law.
- Strong people leadership experience with proven experience in team development
- Experience in working across borders or in a regional role is a strong asset
- Language: Fluent English required. Fluency in either French or Dutch (or both) is required.
As part of the Mid Europe HR Leadership team, you would also travel occasionally within Europe to meetings. It is anticipated that travel would be around 20% of the role.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Medical, Oncology, Manager, Pharmaceutical, Human Resources Director, Healthcare, Management, Science, Human Resources