|External Posting Title||HR Country Lead, Spain & Portugal|
|Job Description||This position will be responsible for leading Biogen HR activities in Spain and Portugal - ensuring consistency with business strategy, philosophy, values and spirit and the specificities and requirements of the local markets and will be accountable for the following:|
a. Develop a strong partnership with senior managers in order to initiate strategic steps and planning that will support the company’s business strategies, success and growth in both affiliates.
b. Create and execute an HR strategy to position Biogen as an employer of choice in the regional communities
c. Counsel managers on their day-to-day activities (organisation, succession planning, training, employee development, rewards management, performance management etc.) and benchmark those practices both locally and within Biogen.
d. Ensure proper organisation and execution of HR operational activities (contracts, relationships to payroll, declarations, address employees’ questions, Biogen policies implementations (including compensation & benefits), employee relations etc.)
e. Develop programs together with local management to ensure development of employees
|Job Category||Human Resources|
• Experience in leading and HR function in a commercial organisation - and this will need to be of at least 10 years total HR experience.
• Experience in both large and small companies, with some working experience in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. One of the employers should have been a US company.
• Expertise in compensation & benefits, employment law, organisational and employee development, recruitment and selection, and HR systems are required.
• Previous international exposure is desired
• Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese and English is essential
• High degree of personal ethics
• High energy
• Excellent team player
• Leadership and charisma
• Good sense of humour
• An achiever and finisher
• High flexibility
• Ability to work in a matrix organisation
• Ability to combine pan European views and local focus
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Good business acumen and delivery (i.e. a record of positioning HR as a business partner)
• Strong negotiator, with an ability to influence across functions at a senior level.
• Strong project management skills
• Entrepreneurial thinking and spirit
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
• Good analytical skills
• Creativity and openness to new concepts
• Willingness to travel
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters (or equivalent experience) preferred
|About Biogen||Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978, Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. |
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. With a strong affiliate presence and a network of distribution partners, Biogen has established a global footprint that allows us to capture the greatest value for the products we develop.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Biotech, Payroll, Pharmaceutical, HR, Science, Finance, Research, Human Resources