HR Business Partner Director, R&D - Ireland
- The HR Business Partner role serves as a critical and strategic role within the company by contributing to the achievement of business results by effectively partnering with R&D executives and members of the HR team in creating, implementing and driving strategic, organization wide as well as R & D initiatives while at the same time delivering on the day to day aspects of the HRBP role.
- This position requires the proactive and continual partnership and collaboration with the business clients in the R&D organization as well as leading an internal matrix team in HR (e.g., Leadership and Development, Compensation, Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, and HRBPs EU & RoW)as well as working proactively and effectively with other internal partners (e.g., Payroll, Legal, and Finance)
- Focus areas include: organizational design and development, organizational effectiveness, employee engagement and retention initiatives, leadership development, workforce planning as well as performance management.
- The HRBP contributes to creating a culture where company’s mission, values and strategies, as well as focus on high performance, help sustain a long term competitive advantage. The HRBP will build strong partnerships across HR functional areas and will effectively lead and leverage existing knowledge, expertise and systems to broker and deliver HR solutions and programs to the business.
- Partner with senior and executive management to help realize their strategic vision and business goals by translating their vision into organizational objectives and actions.
- Establish rapport and credibility to operate as an ad hoc member of the R&D Leadership Team
- Participate meaningfully in the creation of business strategies and provide relevant HR insights and solutions to business challenges
- Play a leadership role in creating and implementing key, long-term strategic programs in the areas of strategic HR, employee and leadership development, talent planning, employee engagement programs and organizational culture.
- Assist in leading the business through transformations and adapting to changing business conditions. Consciously strive to build networks of support for change initiatives (including the continual evolution as a company).
- Partner with leaders in the R&D organization in creating and implementing Change Management Plans as needed and appropriate.
- Initiate and drive organization-wide calibration sessions with executives during annual focal process and Work Force Planning initiatives.
- Effectively partner with International HR team members to execute strategies and initiatives globally
- Coach executives / senior managers toward goal-oriented and results-driven leadership that will engage and inspire employees.
- Influence their thinking and decision-making by adding insights and solutions with clarity and conviction.
- Facilitate executive business meetings including: off-sites, project team meetings, new leader assimilations, etc. as appropriate
- Lead and be accountable for HR services for the business by partnering closely with the HR matrix team that is dedicated to the R&D organization as well as with other members of the HR team. Know and leverage the entire company HR delivery chain and help educate team driving business initiatives
- Ensure effective application of the annual performance management program through evaluation, analysis and feedback.
- Ensure that personal development plans are completed and that managers are equipped to deliver development discussions.
- Be a Culture champion. Implement initiatives that will result in strong employee engagement and are in alignment with the company culture
- Participate as appropriate in all key hiring decisions.
- Partner with appropriate clients, internal/external partners and HR team members in the management and closure of employee relation issues in a way that is consistent with company values while maintaining a focus on risk mitigation.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of HR programs and processes.
- Manage the communication of HR policies, procedures and practices to ensure sound leadership application and legal compliance.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience.
- Prior experience working in a Pharma /BioTech industry is strongly preferred.
- Strategic thinking – focus on critical areas of strategic contribution and translate these into appropriate management and HR actions; demonstrated proactive value add leadership in HR Business partner role
- Excellent communication skills, judgment and discretion.
- Passion for and track record of operating in alignment with company’s values
- Change leader – anticipate the need for change, consult with clients on effective approaches to change, architect change plans and assist clients with leadership and execution.
- Personal credibility – operate without vested self-interest. Consistently offer quality advice, counsel and insight.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and discretion.
- Ability to address issues constructively by providing independent, objective and courageous advice.
- HR expert – apply experience and knowledge in HR technical areas to increase organizational performance.
- Strong organizational development and employee relations experience.
- Ability to influence at multiple levels of the organization and drive prioritization of HR initiaitves
- Effective team leadership experience
- Knowledge of U.S. federal and state regulations and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
- At times travel to other offices/locations (both within and outside the U.S.)
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.