Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and maintain floors and carpets, cleaning walls, woodwork, windows, glass, water fountains, and restroom fixtures, and dusting and polishing items that require such maintenance.
- Maintain an inventory of cleaning supplies as well Material Safety and Data Sheets.
- Ability to use walk behind or riding floor cleaning machines.
- A GED/HS diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 months in a custodial capacity, experience in a manufacturing or production facility preferred.
- Knowledge of the uses, methods, and maintenance of cleaning materials and equipment.
- Ability to perform minor maintenance work, including maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- Must maintain MSDS for all cleaning supplies.
- Must use cleaning supplies safely and only as prescribed.
- Ability to learn repetitive duties quickly and carry them out independently.
- Dependable, with reliable transportation is a must!
- Must have a good eye for detail.
- Meet and maintain cleaning standards.
- Primarily sedentary standing work with occasional walking, lifting, moving, and traveling to other departments or work areas to perform repetitive manual tasks.
- Requires ability to use hands, fingers and arms
- The position is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to use fifty (50) pounds of force to move objects.