Histotechnician II - United States
Charles River (company)
Independently perform basic histology laboratory procedures. Assist with specialized histology procedures. Review data for quality control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform basic histology procedures independently (trimming, processing, embedding, microtomy, staining, coverslipping).
- Assist with and perform advanced histology procedures (slide QC, special stains, thin/thick sections, IHC, serial/step sectioning).
- Review laboratory documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), and study specific requirements.
- Assist in training of staff junior to this position.
- Assist in the preparation of responses, deviations and other documentation resulting from internal and external reviews and/or audits.
- May assist with basic necropsy procedures (basic dissection, tissue collection/preservation, fresh tissue trimming).
- May cross-train in other areas of pathology and/or other laboratory departments (flow cytometry, clinical pathology, special pathology, bioanalytical, reproductive toxicology, etc.).
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required. Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a biological science preferred.
- Experience: 2 years of pathology laboratory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: HT (ASCP) or HLT (ASCP) preferred.
- Other: Placement at this level requires successful completion/competency of the required tasks of the position preceding this level and continued ability to perform those tasks are required. Must be able to perform effectively as a team member, accurately record data, follow verbal and written instructions, maintain a positive work atmosphere, communicate effectively, and interact in a professional manner with management, coworkers, and sponsors. Experience with computer software programs is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet