- Assist with and perform basic histology procedures (trimming, processing, embedding, microtomy, staining, and cover-slipping).
- Receive samples, complete tracking documentation, and prepare pathology materials and data for shipment and archiving.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required.
- Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in a biological science preferred
- Experience: 1 year of pathology laboratory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Placement at this level requires successful completion/competency of the required tasks of the position preceding this level and continued ability to perform those tasks are required.
- Must be able to perform effectively as a team member, accurately record data, follow verbal and written instructions, maintain a positive work atmosphere, communicate effectively, and interact in a professional manner with management, coworkers, and sponsors.
- Must be able to differentiate normal from abnormal tissue and know correct anatomic terms.
- Experience with computer software programs is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity