Histotechnician I - United States
Charles River (company)
Perform basic histology laboratory procedures. Participate in the documentation of all activities as required. Assist with shipping and receiving of samples.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with and perform basic histology procedures (trimming, processing, embedding, microtomy, staining, and coverslipping).
- Receive samples, complete tracking documentation, and prepare pathology materials and data for shipment and archiving.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required. Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in a biological science preferred.
- Experience: 1 year of pathology laboratory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Placement at this level requires successful completion/competency of the required tasks of the position preceding this level and continued ability to perform those tasks are required. Must be able to perform effectively as a team member, accurately record data, follow verbal and written instructions, maintain a positive work atmosphere, communicate effectively, and interact in a professional manner with management, coworkers, and sponsors. Must be able to differentiate normal from abnormal tissue and know correct anatomic terms. Experience with computer software programs is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet