This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 02 June 2017
- An exciting position as global HEOR Lead is now available in the company Medical Affairs organisation in R&D.
- The position is placed within the newly established department of Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) and Real World Evidence (RWE).
- The department plans and undertakes HEOR & RWE studies and develops tools (e.g. economic models) to support the development, regulatory approval and market access for company products and ensure these are made available to benefit patients with psychiatric and neurological conditions.
- With more than 70 years in neuroscience our company has a truly outstanding expertise in developing and marketing treatments in Psychiatry and Neurology and has global presence in more than 50 countries with competencies and activities throughout the entire value chain.
Your job and key responsibilities
- As HEOR Lead you are responsible for developing the global HEOR strategy and tactics for the assigned development project(s).
- You are a key member of our cross-functional Global Product Teams (GPTs) and/or relevant product focus teams and work in close coordination with team members from Market Access and other disciplines at both HQ and affiliate level.
- In addition, you support the relevant Disease Strategy Lead within our four focus disease areas Depression, Schizophrenia, Alzheimer s Disease and Parkinson s Disease on matters related to product differentiation, patient segmentation, disease modelling and development of relevant outcome measures.
Further responsibilities include:
- Lead the development and ensure timely completion of deliverables such as cost-effectiveness models, comparative effectiveness studies, budget impact analyses and global value dossiers
- Lead the development of the HEOR & RWE Plan for the project(s) of responsibility
- Coordinate literature reviews of burden of illness and other topics in accordance with international standards
- Lead relevant patient focus group activities and Advisory Board discussions
- Build continuously knowledge of methodological standards and stakeholder (regulators, payers, HTA bodies) requirements specific to the disease/therapy area of responsibility
Our preferred candidate will possess the following competences:
- Education and experience:
- Master s degree in health economics or related field
- 5-7 years of proven professional experience in health economics at a pharmaceutical company at the global or a regional level or at a specialized consultancy.
- Experience in central nervous system (CNS) disorders and the relevant therapy area is a plus
- Deep understanding and expertise of health economic and clinical research methodologies, including economic modelling, comparative effectiveness, retrospective and prospective data generation activities and clinical trial methodology
- Capability to assess relevance of patient-reported outcome (PRO) instruments with respect to psychometric properties and other characteristics, providing recommendations for product development program in line with target positioning.
- Personality and work habits:
- Project management skills enabling to lead complex projects with external vendors, partners and global colleagues producing high-quality deliverables on time and budget
- Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to translate complex data into relevant and compelling information for internal and external customers incl. non-HEOR.
- A natural team player who is highly motivated by interacting with colleagues across functions.
- Fluent level of English (written and verbal)
- Our company is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in psychiatric and neurological disorders.
- For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience.
- Our key areas of focus are depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.
- An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with psychiatric and neurological disorders and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences.
- Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders we call this Progress in Mind.
- Our approximately 5,300 employees in 55 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales.
Region Hovedstaden Valby
Find a Job Find Candidates