Health Systems Oncology, Medical Affairs Director - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy.
- Our’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- Our company's Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide.
- Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them.
- Our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
- The Health Systems Oncology Medical Affairs Director (HSO-MAD) is a therapeutic and disease expert who develops on-going professional relationships with healthcare decision makers within defined managed markets organizations, integrated delivery systems, and progressive physician groups.
- The HSO-MAD provides accurate information across the oncology product portfolio, clinical science, and quality management in a balanced and credible manner consistent with the regulatory environment and company’s ethical standards.
- Serves as a resource for the USMA management team on strategic planning and provides mentoring for other team members.
- Develops ongoing professional relationships with key decision makers in organized oncology health systems to ensure access to medical and scientific information on the full company oncology portfolio and areas of therapeutic interest.
- Partners with the Managed Markets & Policy and Account Executive teams to develop strategic account plans; execute medical activities in alignment with agreed plan.
- Effectively communicates and coordinates with oncology Medical Science Liaisons regarding medical and scientific support needs in key affiliated regional managed health care accounts and NCI designated cancer centers.
- Serves as a resource for the Executive Director Medical Affairs and other members of managed markets organization on other relevant strategic planning.
- Serves as a technical resource on questions raised by national accounts management and staff on our company Oncology products.
- Attends and supports scientific and medical meetings. Prepares planned post-meeting deliverables.
MD, PharmD, or PhD
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in organized healthcare systems allowing the ability to develop peer-to-peer relationships with key decision makers in oncology.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in oncology.
- An understanding of the managed market environment, pharmacoeconomics, disease management, and medical research.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to network, strong personal integrity, collaborative mindset, and a strong customer focus are necessary.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPPA and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment, and have demonstrated project leadership abilities.
- Field-based medical experience in oncology.
- Experience working with NCI designated cancer centers
- Formal training in health economics or outcomes research
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time