Health Systems Oncology, Medical Affairs Director (Baltimore/Washington D.C.) Job Baltimore United States,
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck s Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At Merck, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
The Health Systems Oncology Medical Affairs Director (HSO-MAD) is a therapeutic and disease expert who develops on-going professional relationships with healthcare decision makers within defined managed markets organizations, integrated delivery systems, and progressive physician groups. The HSO-MAD provides accurate information across the oncology product portfolio, clinical science, and quality management in a balanced and credible manner consistent with the regulatory environment and Merck s ethical standards. Serves as a resource for the USMA management team on strategic planning and provides mentoring for other team members.
- Develops ongoing professional relationships with key decision makers in organized oncology health systems to ensure access to medical and scientific information on the full Merck oncology portfolio and areas of therapeutic interest.
- Partners with the Managed Markets & Policy and Account Executive teams to develop strategic account plans; execute medical activities in alignment with agreed plan.
- Effectively communicates and coordinates with oncology Medical Science Liaisons regarding medical and scientific support needs in key affiliated regional managed health care accounts and NCI designated cancer centers.
- Serves as a resource for the Executive Director Medical Affairs and other members of managed markets organization on other relevant strategic planning.
- Serves as a technical resource on questions raised by national accounts management and staff on Merck Oncology products.
- Attends and supports scientific and medical meetings. Prepares planned post-meeting deliverables.
- MD, PharmD or PhD
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in organized healthcare systems allowing the ability to develop peer-to-peer relationships with key decision makers in oncology.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in Oncology.
- An understanding of the managed market environment, pharmacoeconomics, disease management, and medical research.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to network, strong personal integrity, collaborative mindset, and a strong customer focus are necessary.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPPA and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment, and have demonstrated project leadership abilities.
- Field-based medical experience in oncology.
- Experience working with NCI designated cancer centers
- Formal training in health economics or outcomes research
Our employees are the key to our company s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Medical Affairs Generic Field Based ONC
Job Title:Dir, Medical Affairs
Primary Location: NA-US-MD-Baltimore
Other Locations: NA-US-DC-Washington, NA-US-Maryland, NA-US-Virginia
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Baltimore
Job Segment: Oncology, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Law, Strategic Planning, Healthcare, Science, Legal, Strategy
Find a Job Find Candidates