Health Economics Specialist - Italy
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We work as a team to provide better health and brighter futures for all.
- As a global pharmaceutical company, our company focuses on discovering, developing and delivering innovative medicines that can have a life-changing impact for patients worldwide.
- In fact, patients are at the center of everything we do.
- We encourage our 30,000+ employees to continuously develop their skills, and we reward them for the results they achieve.
- We value integrity, dedication and teamwork, which are abundant in our multinational workforce.
- If you want to make a difference, if you want to be inspired, if you want to do important work—join us.
- Defines specifications for, conduct and write results of health economic and outcome research studies; set up medical-economic development plans according to findings aiming at obtaining and maintaining the best conditions of market access for company products, in accordance with policies and Italian regulations.
- Assist the Market Access Strategy Lead and Market Access Director with the preparation of economic analysis submissions to regulatory authorities and hospital authorities.
- Design health economics models incorporating epidemiological data and support the economic value of clinical trial endpoints to demonstrate the added value of the therapy and justify the product’s price.
- Design disease management models for health economic analysis by identifying existing databases of resource consumption and costs; identifying cost-drivers as well as subgroups of the patient population with significant costs; looking at competitors; exploring paramedical treatment patterns e.g. physiotherapy, home nursing; defining patient success outcomes and identifying critical data gaps for survey/collection and preparing protocols and survey questionnaires to address these gaps.
- Collaborate with the Market Access Strategy Lead to develop a comprehensive database of major reference material including: major clinical published studies, epidemiological literature, economic evaluations, health economics or HTA publications that are relevant to the company’s therapeutic areas.
- Build relationships and form strong alliances with corporate head office colleagues and ensure any Italian specific requirements are included within global protocols.
- Support the development of RWE collection programs proposed by Global Market Access and manage the development of local programs to collect evidence to optimize and maintain access status.
- Promote and conduct business affairs with the highest standards of integrity, probity and corporate governance; demonstrating commitment to the values of our company.
- University Degree in one of the following areas; statistics, economics or pharmacy
- At least 2 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical company, consulting firm, or in a university department
- Ability to work in team
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Postgraduate studies in one of the following areas; health economics, public health, epidemiology, public institution’s management.
- Knowledge of the Italian market mechanics, healthcare policy, payer mind-set and pharmaco-economic principles
- Ability to analyse data, extract quantitative insights and use complex datasets
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of heath economics applied to phamaco-economic models (cost efficacy analysis – cost-utility analysis – budget impact analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of Real World Evidence in a pharmaceutical environment (database analysis, cost of illness, burden of disease, observational studies, etc.)
- Analyse, synthesis and communicate clinical and health economic information
- Ability to plan start and control projects using core project management principles and tools
- Concise and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Access to transportation to attend national and regional meetings