This job is currently Archived,
Health Economics & Market Access Lead, Medical Devices EMEA - Belgium
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 04 July 2017
- Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) is a critical element of our market access strategies to ensure success in an increasingly challenging market environment. New regulations, a decision-making process where the clinician is no longer the only player, and a concept of value which is more and more based on evidence coming from clinical studies and derived economic value from our technologies and solutions, makes it a must that we equip ourselves with the required capabilities and convey a meaningful value-based message to our customers.
- Within this context, the purpose of the role is to build and lead an EMEA HEMA organization that will form part of the newly created Global HEMA COE.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the HEMA market access strategy for EMEA, designing an implementation plan to support organizational strategy, and allocate resources regionally to achieve optimal value, access & price.
- Develop life-cycle management strategies (including pricing initiatives) for priority products. Ensure early assessment of opportunities to fill data gaps and drive optimal patient access and reimbursement. Provides strategic input to Global Franchises to accelerate innovation.
- Design, develop, and source economic instruments that can be easily adapted for coordinated delivery to key decision makers. Responsible for identifying gaps and building critical capabilities in Market Access via training, coaching and sharing global and operating company best practices across the region.
- Lead a broad team (inclusive of 30+ individuals) of dedicated Leaders (regional and in-country resources) developing and supporting health economics strategies for prioritized products launching in respective regional markets.
- Establish a Talent Strategy and rhythm across the region to promote high engagement, retention, career development and advancement
- Direct a business critical function where the scope and complexity of responsibilities require the integration of multiple disciplines and departments (Strategic Accounts, Global Educational Solutions, Global Franchises, etc).
- Shape the environment by conveying a strong EMEA message at external and internal forums to influence the development of reimbursement/funding/HTA processes in local healthcare systems.
- Develop relationships with key external stakeholders e.g. Health Technology Agencies, Policy-makers, Reimbursement bodies, major clinical societies and legitimately influence technology assessment and policy initiatives.
- Take a leadership role in relevant industry association special interest groups, with focus on Eucomed, identifying opportunities and threats associated with changes in health policy in EMEA
- Travel – 50 %
- Proven expertise in long-term strategic planning and constructing alternative models and structures to drive growth
- Depth in health economics, marketing and/or market research, and formation of marketing solutions
- Proven ability to understand business strategy; translate it into solutions that support the company’s business goals
- Ability to manage multiple demands, with a systematic approach to prioritization and organization of resources.
- Proven leadership ability to effectively motivate and manage a team of professionals, including remote and virtual direct and indirect reports
- Experience working successfully in complex matrix environments
- Track record of working effectively with other cultures and international teams
- Deeper understanding in at least one of company's sectors, particularly Pharma or Medical Devices
Required Leadership experience:
Think Horizontally, Think Solution
- The HEMA Lead must resolutely position and promote a new way of governing HEMA-orientated decisions to deliver an enterprise-wide, cross-business, solution-oriented value proposition
Influence Change without Authority
- The HEMA Lead must influence the EMEA RLT to support new health economic & market access models and enthusiastically participate in delivering solutions
Modeled Credo Values and the Leadership Imperatives of:
- Connect: Develop deep insights into the needs of our patients, customers, markets and communities.
- Lead: Create an environment where leadership and talent development is top priority
- Shape: Drive innovation; anticipate and shape industry and market changes to advance health care globally
- Deliver: Deliver results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams
What’s in it for you?
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.