Health Data Technology Specialist - Belgium
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- The healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors are data intensive, the global trends of digital, advanced analytics and IoT are fueling unparalleled opportunities for innovation.
- We believe these technologies will fundamentally change the way healthcare systems deliver value, making it essential for company’s teams to link and leverage the many kinds of data throughout the value chain, connecting patients; science and patient solutions.
- As the Health Data Technology Specialist, you will define the technology components required for data integration, ontology management and data mapping in a healthcare data setting, co-creating with different stakeholders such as Patient Value Units, Development and Medical Practices and IT teams.
- Furthermore, you will be a champion for real world data integration exercises and act as domain expert for ontologies and standards relevant in the space of EHR systems, diseases registries, population health data bases…
- While doing so, you will act as a transversal IT representative, connecting the different domain leaders throughout company in a joint effort to create more value for our patients.
In this role, you will be thrilled to:
- Select and establish ontology mapping and health data integration Technology You build out this capability domain and identify the corporate wide requirements and gaps. You translate them into a solution proposal, obtain sponsorship and lead the projects required to implement the required technology components.
- Maintain an overview of relevant technologies, ontologies and public-private initiatives As the domain of inter operable data and systems in healthcare is rapidly developing with new technology, standards, ontologies and public-private partnership, you keep the overview, evaluate them and report out on identified opportunities.
- Coordinate IT contributions in projects heavily depending on data mapping and integration. You work together with the different departments in the research and real world evidence space, to identify needs, agree on the approach and required technology and you will guide them through the different processes.
- You have a master’s degree in a relevant field (computer sciences, engineering, biomedical sciences,…) and have a first solid experience in a role dealing with the management of data
- You blend your understanding of pharma/healthcare sector with a technical/IT background. Familiarity with OHDSI, OMOP, HL7, FHIR… are a big plus.
- You have proven experience with software used for data integration, ontology management and (big) data analysis.
- You navigate the technical side of enterprise IT environments with basic knowledge of Linux command line, Firewall settings,…
- You like to challenge and to be challenged and thrive in a fast paced, changing environment in which you take accountability
- You are a great communicator and story teller, able to work with and influence people with different personalities, expertise and backgrounds
- You are relentless in quality, you build trust and confidence
- You are fluent in English.
Job Segment: Database, Medical, Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Technology, Engineering, Science, Research