Head of Talent & Organizational Development - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
POSITION SUMMARY: As a key member of Intercept’s HR Leadership Team, the Head of Talent & Organization Development will report directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and be responsible for providing leadership of our Talent & Organization Development activity and results across all parts of the organization to ensure that Intercept is able to retain, develop and promote great people.
The Head of Talent & Organization Development will oversee the development and deployment of a full range of development programs for Intercept including both individual development options and – particularly – management and leadership development interventions that will create a clear and distinct sense of the expectations of managers and leaders within Intercept – and ensure that the skills and competencies are in place to meet these expectations.
The Head of Talent & Organization Development will partner closely with senior business leaders, managers and HR Business Partners. The Head of Talent & Organization Development will need to be analytically capable, strong in budgeting and planning, as well as providing clear and actionable metrics on the performance of Intercept’s Talent & Organization Development activities.
The Head of Talent & Organization Development will also be responsible for enhancing and promoting Intercept’s frameworks and practices in Performance Management, Career Development and Talent Development. Under the Talent Development scope, succession planning will be a particular area of focus.
Overlaying all of these areas, the Head of Talent & Organization Development will work as an integrated member of the HR leadership team to support the executive leadership of the company build the sustainable and vibrant culture needed to deliver ongoing strategic success.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
• Provide strategic leadership to the Company’s global Talent & Organization Development activities.
• Enhance the Performance Management framework to ensure that this framework delivers against the requirements of a fair and objective measurement of employee performance against stretching goals, a simple and efficient process and a means to identify and capture development needs.
• Build and deploy a Talent Development framework that incorporates near term succession planning, definition and identification of employee potential and a medium/long term view of capability needs and workforce planning.
• Utilizing the Intercept Values as a basis, develop a recommendation for management and leadership development within Intercept and – once approval is secured – drive the development of appropriate programs and other tools to enhance the quality of management and leadership within Intercept. Rapid and broad deployment will be important.
• Based on a clear understanding of the development needs of Intercept employees, build and deploy an effective framework for individual development within Intercept.
• Play a leadership role in building the culture of Intercept, including taking responsibility for specific projects linked to monitoring and driving the positive evolution of Intercept’s culture.
• Working in close partnership with Talent Acquisition leads and HRBPs, develop recommendations for Intercept’s employee branding to improve the attractiveness of Intercept as an employer and increase the flow of great candidates for Intercept on a global basis.
• Establish a solid and sustainable basis of Learning & Development program delivery to meet the Company’s needs, including investment planning and deployment.
• Coach and counsel managers on development interventions for their teams.
• As appropriate – and in conjunction with HRBPs, work with individual employees to coach and advise them on their career development.
• Participate along with other stakeholders in the selection, deployment and operation of appropriate Learning Management Systems (LMS) tools that are appropriate to the needs of Intercept.
• Effectively engage and management appropriate vendors in conjunction with Procurement.
• Ensure that all training people development activities are executed in a compliant fashion.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree highly preferred.
• 10-15 years relevant professional experience.
• Significant experience with career management and development frameworks.
• Experienced learning & development leader, with prior responsibility for overall development strategy, program design and deployment management.
• Prior experience in contributing to business development activities; from due diligence through merger & acquisition to integration.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Strong analytical skills coupled with financial discipline; has the capability to manage significant budgetary responsibilities.
• Able to think in the big picture, while also being disciplined and detail oriented.
• Able to undertake program design, development and delivery.
• Impactful talent management and succession planning experience.
• Able to design and deploy tools that clearly express competency and capability needs.
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders and employees at all levels.
• Strong consultative skills, with the ability to partner with and influence leaders across the organization.
• Excellent leader and developer of people.