At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
The Head of Rheumatology will be responsible for the development and leadership execution of the Rheumatology integrated strategy within the US iPVU Business Unit. The position will lead a cross functional team comprised of Medical Affairs, Marketing and Commercial in the performance of their roles. The individual will also work closely with all US iPVU cross-C.O.R.E, US cross-functional and global headquarter teams to build and deliver differentiated value solutions for patients and stakeholders. Further this individual collaborates and partners to enable our global strategy through the US iPVU, defining key strategic priorities and the dynamic allocation of resources towards value creation, ensuring full compliance with UCB policies and legal regulations.
- Develops the overall strategic vision and delivers against the priorities and operations for the crossfunctional iPVU Rheum CORE
- Ensures that appropriate plans are developed, implemented, and balanced across the CORE, and resources are dynamically allocated, in order to achieve the approved objectives within budget
- Develop and implement business strategies that maximize exposure, financial impact and opportunities for UCB Immunology strategic plans
- Challenges traditional approaches, fostering innovation in value creation via crossfunctional teams (e.g. marketing, medical, commercial, etc.)
- Enables the Global PVU strategy through comprehension and application to local level initiatives present in the CORE
- Champion and maintains a dynamic and responsive CORE capable of producing the results as agreed on in the annual plan and in the tenyear strategic plan and forecast
- Develops proper succession planning, in order to sustain the growth and continued value creation of the PVU for external stakeholder facing teams
- Demonstrate personal leadership to fully execute UCB’s Patient Value operating model.
- Partners and enhances the performance of key team leaders; ensures that adequate coaching and training are provided to ensure talents have the necessary skills to perform or exceed the basic requirements in a manner that exemplifies our PVS/Principles
- Ensures the PVU operates to the highest standards of ethics and quality, complying with UCB code of business conduct and industry guidelines
- Member of US iPVU Leadership, contributing to the overall portfolio strategy for Immunology
- Bachelor's Degree; Masters Degree Preferred
- 15+ year’s executive leadership experience in relevant cross-functional disciplines in the pharmaceutical industry (e.g. Marketing, Medical and/or Sales)
- At least 5 years’ experience with P&L responsibility
- Minimum of 10 years in the Immunology/Rheumatology / oncology / biologics markets highly preferred
- Able to lead and collaborate effectively in a global, agile matrixed environment
- Demonstrated experience leading multidisciplinary and/or matrixed teams
- Knowledge and application of business planning and leadership principles such as data analysis, goal setting, action plans, monitoring tools to develop and implement business plans.
- Innovative leader with strong, demonstrated leadership skills (having an innate ability to lead a diverse and talented team of individuals towards a shared vision – focused on meeting the needs of patients).
- Effective profit and loss (P&L) management experience
- An executive presence and bold leadership is essential
- Proactive, high energy, hands-on, make-things-happen executive; must have a positive can-do attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Highest personal values and ethical standards
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication
- Willingness to travel up to 40%. Domestic & international travel will be required
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.
Job Segment: Immunology, Medical, Oncology, Pharmaceutical, Compliance, Healthcare, Science, Legal
Find a Job Find Candidates