Head of Regulatory Project Management & Strategic Planning (RPM/SP) - United States
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head of Regulatory Project Management & Strategic Planning (RPM/SP) in ourCambridge MAoffice.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Head of Regulatory Project Management & Strategic Planning (RPM/SP) working on theGlobal Regulatory Affairsteam, you will be empowered tobe strategic andinnovative, and a typical day will include:POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- Partners with RA Therapeutic Area (TA) Leaders to ensure overall GRA alignment and delivery of results to realize the project/program/department vision, mission and strategy
- Collaborates with RA TA Leader, as well as members of other Regulatory sub-groups and Global Regulatory Teams (GRT), to ensure that the Regulatory development strategy is translated into efficient, executable operational plans.
- Develops, tracks, and optimizes communication strategies, metrics, and provides oversight and support to GRA RPM’s. Responsible for overall RPM and Strategic Planning Department strategy/es, and resourcing needs to meet defined departmental and project objectives and partnership delivery priorities.
- Expert at project management methodologies and tools; identifies and drives strategic initiatives, such as process improvements and/or departmental projects. Proactively utilizes data and predictive metrics to improve the project execution and meet GRA’s portfolio/organizational objectives.
- Develops tools, reports, templates, business processes, and communications to identify opportunities and creates mechanisms for driving future improvement.
This position will ensure that Takeda is aware and responsive to external guidelines, changes in the marketplace and other information relating to global regulatory project management and strategic planning; acts as an expert within the Takeda organization and in a mentoring capacity to team members.
- Responsible for ensuring that the regulatory project management team’s strategies and operational plans align with the project/program objectives and that the RPMs are developed in leadership and operational techniques to add value to the GRTs.
- Leads the RPM/SP department risk/issue management process and Monthly GRA Reviews to identify and proactively remediate issues.
- Ensures operational plans are driven by and aligned to the global asset strategy; partners with Global Project Management (GPM) to ensure a seamless interface between Regulatory and the Global Project Team (GPT).
- Orchestrates and maintains Global Regulatory project management information and strategic plans/metrics/data needed at the GRT and GRA departmental level; manages regulatory project status reporting to Senior Regulatory Management and GRTs, including scheduled and ad-hoc updates.
- Works with and through team members to proactively identify and recommend solutions for any systemic project/system concerns or obstacles, including risks and issues that may impact projects; engages appropriate representatives to manage outcomes. Follows issues through to resolution, ensuring that RPMs are supported and able to address all GRT issues in a timely manner.
- Creates, tracks, and reports on key GRA Road Map strategies and initiatives to drive business process best practices, improve overall GRA planning and execution, and develop mechanisms to communicate improvements and next initiatives to move organization towards GRA Vision.
- Leads Global Regulatory strategic initiatives and/or Regulatory’s involvement in related external projects; acts as the project lead where required (e.g. Product divestments and in-licensing, large-scale manufacturing site changes, process engineering, interface with GPM Project Management Office, etc.)
- Identifies and leads innovative process improvements with significant organizational impact and takes on, as needed, non-project responsibilities, which can include project management processes and systems.
- Regularly informs GRA leadership of important timely issues and impact on the global program, as well as meaningful metrics for regulatory deliverables and performance.
- Encourages collaboration and communication globally across Regulatory and between regional representatives in the team ensuring that team goals are achieved.
- Manages the development and tracking of project and organizational milestones including definitions, tools, and reporting.
- Compiles, analyzes, and presents data to management (and ex-GRA Takeda stakeholders) on a regular basis.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science or business-related field
- Substantial experience working within Regulatory Affairs with a fluent understanding of drug development; knowledge of pharmaceutical industry.
- Qualified project management experience; advanced expertise with project management related software and tools (i.e. MS Project, Sharepoint etc)
- Demonstrated strategic problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate with and prepare presentations for Senior Management and Executives.
- Solid business background as well as excellent commercial understanding
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills in order to manage, motivate and drive decisions within cross-cultural teams.
- Proven skills in negotiation, influencing without authority and working diplomatically through conflict.
- Proven people management skills. Experience should include managing mid- to- senior level employees.
- Sufficient technical knowledge in order to determine how project data can be organized meaningfully in order to facilitate Senior Management and Executive decision processes.
- Sufficient knowledge of all MS Office tools in order to be able to effectively capture and communicate project information.
- Master’s Degree
- Degree in Regulatory Affairs or RA Certification
- Project Management certification
- Change management experience/Six Sigma
- Leadership Skills - has the ability to lead and motivate team members, without direct line management responsibility. Develops, uses and shares knowledge and uses strong interpersonal skills to influence and guide others (both inside and outside the department) toward the accomplishment of Takeda’s goals and objectives
- Strategic Approach - identifies, create and implement processes for Regulatory Project Management and Strategic Planning that satisfy business objects of Takeda globally.
- Change Management – ability to identify, advocate and implement change positively for the organization. Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to accommodate change.
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills - ability to identify the critical issues of problems or opportunities using appropriate information; determines the causes and possible solutions to the problem. Excellent ability to understand complex issues and propose creative and achievable solutions.
- Communication Skills - ability to express one’s self clearly and concisely to customers over the phone or with others within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely and comprehensively.
- Politically astute – and a confident and respectful motivator
- Interpersonal Flexibility - ability to adapt to other personalities in a respectful manner that is conducive to goal achievement
- Knowledge Sharing - ability to capture knowledge within the organization; improve solutions, processes and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables and models for others to use. Shares information with staff as confidentiality allows
- Teamwork - the ability to work well in a highly cross-functional team environment
- Presentation skills – create and deliver presentations with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations.
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI desired
- Six sigma certification desired
- RAC certification desired
- Routine demands of an office based environment.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.