This job is currently Archived,
Head of Purification, Manufacturing - Denmark
Posted on : 01 May 2017
- We are looking for a Head of Purification, Manufacturing who will be responsible for the purification Manufacturing Plant at the Manufacturing site in Denmark.
- This includes full managerial responsibility of the Purification production.
- The position holder will establish and improve manufacturing processes and procedures and drive the relevant activities to ensure the business is accomplished.
- The successful candidate will act as an integrated and harmonious company site, meeting the global values and standards and establish Manufacturing strategies and goals. He/she will hire dedicated staff and develop a high performance culture.
- The position holder will oversee and secure compliance with all safety standard and directives.
- A team of 7-10 Supervisors will report into the position.
- Overall responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Manufacturing related issues, qualification of processes and equipment, GMP and improvements
- Assist in technical issues
- High impact/influence on manufacturing tasks in LSM in close collaboration with Quality, Maintenance and Engineering
- Management of staff, making decisions, setting direction and ensuring development of employees
- Ensure full compliance with regulatory demands including but not limited to EU GMP II: Basic Requirements for Active Substances used as Starting Materials and Annex II: Manufacture of Biological Active substance and medicinal products for Human use
- The Head of Purification reports to the Senior Director, Global Manufacturing Operations / Site Head.
- The ideal candidate has a Master's degree in a related field and has at least 6 years of strong leadership skills from a global pharmaceutical or biotech company.
- He/she has GMP experience from downstream equipment or a purification plant and exhibits considerable decision-making skills.
- The successful candidate has the ability to resolve complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- He/she has the ability to exercise independent judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- The candidate should have a mature, self-confident and well-balanced personality and possess a high standard of ethical and intellectual integrity.
- He/she must have the ability to resolve issues and negotiate solutions using tact, poise and diplomacy.
- The candidate should have strong communication and rhetorical skills and be apt in moving in international and interdisciplinary environments.
- He/she should be experienced in working in a changing project-driven organization.
- Solid people management experience is indispensable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
A Master's degree in a related field with at least 6 years of strong leadership skills from a global pharmaceutical or biotech company.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Biology, Engineering, Science, Research