Head of New Treatment Strategies - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with chronic disease.
- Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation.
- We aspire to be the patient-preferred global biopharmaceutical leader, transforming the lives of people with severe diseases, and need exceptional individuals to achieve this goal. We are looking for enthusiastic and talented professionals who thrive on challenge and change to make the difference and deliver results.
- To strengthen our Immunology Patient Vale Unit, we are looking to fill the position of: Medical Director New Treatment Strategies
About the Role
- Identifying and critically evaluating new opportunities for innovative treatment strategies in inflammatory diseases, at pathway level and at reatment strategy level
- Leading the creation of the integrated development strategy for projects after POC with a focus on matching science to patient unmet needs
- Actively steer pre-clinical research by building the translational science and the identification of novel patient subpopulation based on biological understanding of the disease and unmet needs
- The timely delivery of key results through management of project execution.
- Aligning early development for projects undergoing transition to the PVU, as well as clinical, medical and commercial communities for all programs.
- Helping the team in developing an understanding of patients’ needs which includes regulatory, access, and commercial in early clinical development. Building bridges to R&D and Business as well as partnering with the late stage organisation to ensure alignment and transition of projects
- Interfacing with senior management, presenting program strategies, new opportunities, major project milestones and transitions, and pivotal project data.
- Managing other and ensuring teams work within the compliance framework of our company.
- An advanced degree in medicine (MD) and in research (PhD)
- A medical and scientific understanding of a clinical discipline such as clinical immunology, rheumatology, gastro-enterology, dermatology, or related discipline.
- Postgraduate training in a medical discipline or in drug development
- Substantial prior industry experience or prior academic experience at the staff level
- Track record of success in a medical, research, or drug development leadership role.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity (e.g. publications, research reports, etc).
What We Offer
- Play a leading role in the exploration of future solutions in immunology patient populations by connecting pathways and science to unmet needs in well-defined patient populations.
- Actively contribute and lead efforts to develop treatment strategies related to ‘tissue remodelling’ and to ‘immune reset’
- Pioneer solutions in this field and to move them from early to full clinical development. Disease populations of interest include SLE, IBD, scleroderma, hidradenitis suppurativa, and coeliac disease.
- Have an active involvement in cross-functional teams leading early clinical development use your knowledge of and interest in both medical conditions and science.
- Work at the translational edge of the effort of the team
- Identify and develop interesting pathways and treatment strategies and match them to unique unmet needs of specific patient populations.
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
- With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, our company offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at our company.
Job Segment: Immunology, Medical, Law, Dermatology, Healthcare, Legal, Research