Would you like to be part of a dynamic organization which enables health care professionals to improve the lives of their patients in ophthalmology, microsurgery and other medical growth sectors?
The Head Microsurgery, US has the overall responsibility for ensuring the achievement of the short and long-term strategic sales goals. He operates based on the organizational structure of the ZEISS Group (defined in the ZEISS Blue Book) and the ZEISS SSC Management Principles. The incumbent carries responsibility for Microsurgery revenues and profitability in the respective region through SSCs (consolidated regional P&L)
The job-holder provides the sales strategy of all company sales functions in alignment with the overall SBU-sales strategy, guides all sales activities, leads new business development opportunities and executes the agreed go-to-market strategy.
The Head of Microsurgery must have significant experience in the surgical disciplines Neurosurgery, ENT, Spine, P&R, Radio oncology and Dental with a focus on capital equipment.. The Head of Microsurgery will lead the Sales and Marketing group in the US and be responsible for Microsurgery Sales in the Americas. The role will also have functional leadership of PC managers and shared responsibilities with SSC Managers for change, development and incentive target setting (VCS) of PC Managers for LATAM and Canada.
Head of Microsurgery - US
- Market Development & Competitive Intelligence : Ensure the continuous monitoring and evaluation of market trends, customer and competitor and the identification of profitable market opportunities.
- Ensure the development of concepts to increase the market potential by identifying potential customers, market segments.
- Ensure a qualifying service of existing and potential customers as well as development and maintenance of contacts with key customers .
- Strategic Planning: Develop, set, manage and monitor the short-and medium-term business planning, definition and implementation of the related strategies of the business activities in accordance with the relevant Business Groups and within the overall strategy of the Carl Zeiss Group.
- Develop and implement the go-to-market approach in accordance with the global (Sales) Strategy and the long range SBU growth ambitions in close cooperation with PC/SSC Management.
- Define country priorities (in alignment with relevant peers) and provide input for BG specific financial targets and personal targets of the PC manager to SSC Head (as defined in the ZEISS SSC Management Principles).
- Adjust the strategic planning with the Executive Board of Carl Zeiss and its Business Groups and Strategic Business Units for approval of related activities.
- Sales Management : In Alignment with Group/BG/SSC/SBU and Segment-heads manage the profitability and continued growth of ZEISS products, services and solutions according to SBU growth plan in your area of responsibility.
- Ensure the implementation of the BG strategy, policies, corporate governance requirements, objectives and initiatives in the defined region together with the PC managers
- Develop and support product positioning, branding, training and promotional strategies on the regional and local levels
- Actively coach the implementation and use of Customer Relationship Management & Excellence Tools (e.g. CRM, metrics, Maturity Assessment)
- Monitoring of funnel quality and hygiene by KPI’s including setting up and conducting monthly business calls
- Plan, manage and monitor sales, profits, costs, inventory levels and debitors; provide continuous feedback to top management and ensure the implementation of adequate measures if there is a need for action.
- Development of budget and rolling FCs collaboratively with PC Managers, consolidation for respective region
- Guarantee an optimum use of resources and funds with the purpose of achieving the short‐term revenue and operating profit targets and strategic objectives
- Customer Relationships/Network: Build and maintain direct contact with existing senior level customers and develop business strategies for senior level customer accounts
- Identify potential new customers, expand "share of wallet" with existing customers and train and travel with local and regional customers
- Develop of a cross border Sales team that allows for exchange of knowledge and resources in Sales and Service in SSCs of respective area and build close relationship and experience
- Develop and maintain a professional network
- Finance, Budget, Investment: Partner with Human Resources to develop human capital strategies and to establish financial investment required to achieve competitive sales incentive plan structures.
- Partner with Finance to ensure the continuous reporting, forecast and evaluation of all relevant key performance indicators.
- Lead for negotiation of budgets for SBU after alignment with peers
- Leadership role for MCS team US reporting to the SSC Manager US
- Functional leadership of PC managers, Shared responsibilities with SSC Managers for change, development and incentive target setting (VCS) of PC Managers for LATAM and Canada
- Establish metrics to assess individual and team performance and manage performance and develop employees effectively in a global matrix organization
- Guide, motivate, assess, control and develop subordinates according to ZEISS Leadership Principles.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant sales management or marketing experience, minimum of 2-3 years of experience in people management
- University degree in a technical, business management or product related field or graduation from a higher institution, or equivalent
- Local candidate strongly preferred
- Previous position in a senior/ executive position (e.g. VP)
- Deep Understanding of management of a Matrix Sales Organization and be able to apply change through the influence of the organization; Well-connected internally and externally within respective segments with thorough understanding of local business attitudes and culture; Detailed knowledge of local markets and market drivers, ideally proficient knowledge of major local languages and culture; Exceptional organization-al, analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze financials; Must be fluent in business English, high level intercultural acumen and experience; High set social and leadership skills.
- Experience with consumables would also be an advantage
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.