Head of Market Access Solution and Strategy - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The role will be based at company Corporate Headquarters.
- This is a global senior leadership position within the Global Patient Access (GPA) Practice.
- The incumbent will directly lead a team accountable for developing and delivering access and pricing strategies for new medicines in early stages of development (candidate selection onward).
- Additionally, the incumbent will provide support and mentor-ship for access leaders dedicated to later stage (PhIIb onward) development assets, who may be deployed elsewhere in the organization, ensuring appropriate integration between these two teams.
- Providing inspiration, support and advice to the entire Practice, beyond direct reporting lines, will also be expected.
- The role will span all company therapeutic areas including new ones that are being actively explored as part of basic discovery and innovation efforts.
- The core accountability for the incumbent, with and through his/her team will be developing a value proposition for each asset that is meaningful to payers, specific and meaningful for a well-defined patient sub population, sustainably differentiated, aligned with available evidence and insight and with appropriate future evidence generation plans.
- Additionally, the role requires access and pricing strategies to be built around those value propositions, ensuring they are based on insightful analysis of emerging trends in major payer systems around the world.
- In addition, this position will significantly contribute to awareness-raising and policy-shaping initiatives directed towards payers, HTA bodies and their stakeholders and influencers, working closely with external engagement and government affairs teams.
- These initiatives will improve recognition of the burden of illness and unmet needs for specific patient populations and identify opportunities and barriers to patient access to innovation presented by policy and regulatory frameworks.
- The incumbent in this position will also oversee the access and pricing analysis for business development evaluation of early stage products offered as a partnering opportunity to the company.
- He/she will optimize the collaboration and interface between the Global Patient Access and Pricing Practice and the Business Development team and Therapeutic Partnering Committees.
- The incumbent will coach and guide team members who serve as members of cross-functional project teams, working to ensure healthy team dynamics and ensuring that clinical, scientific and commercial strategic elements align with an appropriately influence the access and pricing strategy, and equally, vice-versa.
- Finally, the incumbent will develop strategic proposals across multiple assets in the same therapeutic area, facilitating the discovery and resolution of opportunities for synergy or trade-offs, contributing to decisions about resource allocation, which opportunities to prioritize and how best to fill gaps, working closely with the Portfolio Solutions Board.
- Understanding modern innovative approaches for sustainable and tailored access solutions
- Basic scientific literacy in biology and pharmacology and ability to understand relevant scientific data and partner with scientific leaders within the company
- Ability to understand the potential impact of major trends and changes in the EU and US healthcare systems and what they mean for asset-specific strategic access and pricing decisions. Specific knowledge of and some experience with US healthcare systems is required.
- Ability to proactively build and leverage relationships with prominent internal and external stakeholders to synthesize thinking, build advocacy and empower implementation of the above-mentioned solutions
- Ability to think strategically about access and pricing at the franchise and portfolio and company level, not just at the asset or single solution level, and to articulate that thinking cogently.
- Ability to understand patient-value based approaches and what that can and should mean for access and pricing launch strategies
- Ability to communicate (in English), navigate and influence at the highest levels of the organization
- Strong motivational and influencing skills
- Able to translate company and unit vision into inspiring yet tangible goals for self and team
- A Master degree (preferences include Engineering, Science, Business or Health Economics, Economics or a sub-discipline of Economics germane to healthcare
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Scientific, Engineering, Legal, Strategy